PDA

View Full Version : Tree animation

KK 's
10-15-2003, 10:24 PM
hihi:)
is anyone got an idea how to animated a tree in realistic, I ever tried to use a null as a reference to move those leaves, and also tried use a bones to move the trunk, but the result is not satisfy finally:confused:

anyone can give some idea..?

scottn
10-16-2003, 01:04 AM
I don't know if this will help, but I was having a look at rustboy.com yesterday and under the "making of section" the creator describes quite a simple method of faking tree movement.

The tree in that instance is not a photo-realistic one, it's quite stylized and so is the movement I guess. I'm sure it's worth checking out though.

The whole rustboy project is very cool in my opinion.

iluvatar
10-16-2003, 01:31 AM
wouldn't it be easy to use motion designer?

KK 's
10-16-2003, 01:52 AM
motion designer i think it would takes long time for culculation?,,,i will try it on later..:)

iluvatar
10-16-2003, 02:08 AM
hmm well depending on the number of leaves it'll take some time, but once you're satisfied you could 'bake' the motion, so it don't have to calculate anything anymore

toby
10-16-2003, 02:23 AM
A real easy way is to use a displacement map, and animate a procedural texture vertically through it the tree. You can use a gradient to gradually 'alpha out' the base of the tree, so that the leaves and braches are moving a lot, the top of the trunk moves a little, and the base stays still.