PDA

View Full Version : ***more hypervoxel texture controls***

jlp.media
11-18-2011, 11:13 AM
Nodal controls over hypertextures. or just the ability to layer more than one texture on volume, sprite and surface voxels. It's a feature that I've wanted to use since LW7.5 and feel as though it would add unprecedented control over vFX. :)

Matt
11-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Nodal controls over hypertextures. or just the ability to layer more than one texture on volume, sprite and surface voxels. It's a feature that I've wanted to use since LW7.5 and feel as though it would add unprecedented control over vFX. :)

In LW11, _any_ T button can be set to use the Node Editor using the Node Editor Procedural.

dulo
11-20-2011, 08:08 AM
In LW11, _any_ T button can be set to use the Node Editor using the Node Editor Procedural.

Cool .. will there also be a possibility to manipulate item motion with the node editor ? Something like a Node Item Motion Editor Plugin ? Just like the one from DP but more tightly integrated ??

jlp.media
11-20-2011, 12:59 PM
therein lies the problem there is no [T]exture channel in the hypervoxel window for the Hypertexture tab.

jlp.media
11-20-2011, 01:06 PM
...particle size, stretch, dissolve, color, luminosity, density, opacity, and amplitude all have a [T]exture channel. BUT, what if i want to use a texture as input parameters for another texture? what if i want to layer more than one texture on the hypervoxels?

Elmar Moelzer
11-20-2011, 01:55 PM
From what I understand nodes work with the hypertextures anyway.

jlp.media
11-20-2011, 06:38 PM
from what i understand, you can only use the node editor in the Surface Editor, not the hypervoxels window. and since there is no 'T' under the 'Hypertextures' tab Im not only limited to the textures that they provide, but i can only use 1 of them per hypervoxel object.

prometheus
11-21-2011, 12:51 AM
from what i understand, you can only use the node editor in the Surface Editor, not the hypervoxels window. and since there is no 'T' under the 'Hypertextures' tab Im not only limited to the textures that they provide, but i can only use 1 of them per hypervoxel object.

You have dpontīs volume node from wich you can expand on hypervoxels in volume mode.

http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/nodes/nodes/Node_Editors.html#NodeVolume
http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/nodes/Additionnal_Nodes_2.html

Michael

prometheus
11-21-2011, 12:59 AM
the renderman collection also expands on types of hypertextures...
http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/Textures.htm

Thereīs also a way to replace the dll files for more additional hypertextures, but I donīt recall how we did that and exactly wich replacement was done.

Michael
http://vimeo.com/user680656/videos

jlp.media
11-21-2011, 05:13 AM
well, that's one step closer to where i want to be. so for that, thank you.

prometheus
11-21-2011, 05:18 AM
well, that's one step closer to where i want to be. so for that, thank you.

Anytime..
weird thou, I tested the same setup as in the image from dponts site and the node volume plugin, but I do not get that result at all in lightwave 10, so I do not know if Im using a wrong node somewhere or if it simply doesnīt work properly with lightwave 10.
you need to download the dp kit also to get that particle info node as shown, the built in particle info node is a little different.

I would like to have a special dedicated T button for hypertextures thou as you mentioned, and a option to switch hypertexture depending on particle density...or metaball influence so you could have turbulence texture
on the outside of a particle cluster and on the inside you have for example fbm.

Controlling the hypertexture scale with a particle age gradient would be nice to instead of just envelopes.

Michael

Cyberfish_Fred
12-20-2011, 05:52 AM
and how can I render my hypervoxels with SSS?
someone?
thanks!

F

prometheus
12-20-2011, 08:33 AM
and how can I render my hypervoxels with SSS?
someone?
thanks!

F

Dont think you can, maybe through using dpontīs node volume plugin, so you can acess nodes within hypervoxels, great for adding multiple hypertextures on one single null voxel etc...but I donīt think the ss shaders or materials would work, at least not when I checked, I also got some crashes.

Michael

erikals
12-20-2011, 09:39 AM
you can't, you might be able to fake the look by render out the z-depth, and use that to edit the look of the render in post. haven't done so myself though.