PDA

View Full Version : Ordering LW 11, One solution to the Credit Card issues

magoo
11-18-2011, 01:00 AM
Ok, so I've been muttering my way around the forums here because, like many international customers I've been unable to buy Lightwave 11 due to a Credit Card error in the online store.

After attempting to email to Newtek Customer Service who I can only guess is swamped I talked to my bank to ensure no errors were occurring from my end.
I then tried phoning Newtek from Australia and while I got through I couldn't bring myself to stay on hold for more than a few minutes at international rates, also in what may be a brilliant move by Newtek to drive customers to use their internet services the wait music was a country and western rendition of a song about Video Toaster, it helped me give up sooner!

So, after reading that a couple of people had more success by changing the credit card they were using I tried that.

Now I'm downloading the software.(can't wait to get flocking!)

The solution for me was to use a Visa Card instead of Mastercard.

I can't honestly tell you if Newtek is aware of the specifics of this issue as I haven't had any response from them, so there's no way of knowing if they can 'see' the problem from their end when people attempt to purchase.
I've been complaining that it would have been nice if Chuck/CS/anyone could have acknowledged they were aware of an issue and were trying to rectify it, so I thought the least I could do was let everyone with the same issue know this was one way to solve it.

alexs3d
11-18-2011, 01:12 AM
hi, thanks for telling your experience with buying lightwave, i had unfortunately no look :) but i am patient ;)

i think without these problems, a lot more people could now play with lightwave, we all have our money in our hands for lw 11 :) but we cannot ???

alexs

jeremydk
11-18-2011, 02:37 AM
EDIT:
I could change the address in IE but now i get this :
Error: 2-2-27-U-M--The transaction has been declined because of an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder.
Error: Failure in Processing the Payment (ps_authorize)

With master AND visa cards. Now it's pi**ing me off. Put a d*mn Paypal button already!!
---------------old msg-------------
Hi

I can't buy because of a flawed code in the shop. When you choose country other than USA the shopping site won't accept "none" in state/province even though there is no other options. Also the Address the shop takes from somewhere is not the one in my registration account. So they have our addresses in different places that needs manual update.....worries me.
I wrote NT twice with no reply.....would have been nice to have the upgrade for the weekend.

(but they accepted my MC)

JonW
11-18-2011, 02:50 AM
My credit card which didn't work was a Mastercard. But it was ok with a Visa debit card from another bank. Whether that was the problem I'm not sure. I posted in LW11 post 111.

I should have bought it earlier but was waiting for the next billing cycle. If I Knew I had to use another card I would have ordered it earlier because it looks like the au$ is heading south due to the € because everyone is take money out of Australia.

I've also noticed than the au$ also seems to drop back a bit leading up to Christmas.

A bit later I bought one of those 3d mice to try out with LW11. There weren't any problems with a international purchase with my Mastercard.

voriax
11-18-2011, 02:59 AM
I too tried to use a mastercard first and got the error. Tried with Visa and it worked perfectly.
Bit irritating, that.

jeremydk
11-18-2011, 03:14 AM
got my mastercard to work in IE. After i confirmed the order i got sent back to the shopping front, no download link in my mail and still an upgrade in my shopping card...
Have i bought it or not....?
since i use a Mastercard i have to wait until the end of the month to see if the money have been withdrawn or not!!! ARGH!!! Now im a NT hostage because NT don't read mails or takes calls...It's like queuing in old Russia. I got rubles but there is no food.

Again NT show us how customer service is not supposed to work.(Just think CORE) It's great to get new costumers but please don't forget you current devoted customers.

alexs3d
11-18-2011, 03:44 AM
i also wrote to cs becaus auf this form error, no reply yet, still waiting :)

EDIT:
-------
Hi

I can't buy because of a flawed code in the shop. When you choose country other than USA the shopping site won't accept "none" in state/province even though there is no other options. Also the Address the shop takes from somewhere is not the one in my registration account. So they have our addresses in different places that needs manual update.....worries me.
I wrote NT twice with no reply.....would have been nice to have the upgrade for the weekend.

(but they accepted my MC)

Reco
11-18-2011, 03:50 AM
I get the same "AVS mismatch" on my Visa as well as my Master card.
I have mailed Newtek, but received no answers.

I think newtek should consider money transfers to a given account. At least temporary.

Reco

jeremydk
11-18-2011, 04:07 AM
Make sure you write all your first names in first name box in the shop and only one last name.
That worked for me. if you have only one first/last name then you are out of luck i guess.

Well, the shop didn't give error back but the order wasn't made still so even if you do get the
shop to take your card you still have to wait and see if your download link showes up !

I get the same "AVS mismatch" on my Visa as well as my Master card.
I have mailed Newtek, but received no answers.

I think newtek should consider money transfers to a given account. At least temporary.

Reco

magoo
11-18-2011, 04:10 AM
I had the same experience of being bounced out to the shop. My bank said the $ wasn't debited so I continued to try.

alexs3d
11-18-2011, 04:11 AM
maybe paypal is an alternative solution for the future ?

jeremydk
11-18-2011, 04:17 AM
I had the same experience of being bounced out to the shop. My bank said the $ wasn't debited so I continued to try.

We are on the brink of 2012 and we have to call our banks to know if our internet shopping went through or not ?

Were is the greatness of humanity ?

Well, we can't skip upgrades so NT doesn't really have to care.
It's our task to find a way to buy their product.
It's not a new thing i'm afraid. I had a similar challenge trying to buy from E-on (Vue)

mav3rick
11-18-2011, 04:18 AM
well for sure about paypall.....
i rmmbr ordering GO PRO HD camera from usa this year... i had to do verification process for credit card by PHONE.... for the begining NEWTEK should enable SKYPE contact customer support to avoid calling them with expensive solutions

Bytehawk
11-18-2011, 06:27 AM
ditto on the skype thing

quantizer
11-18-2011, 09:35 AM
I bought some credit for my skpe and call them through skype android, for around 10 minutes call it cost nearly nothing if the destination is US. Land line call is not cost effective.

Sometimes the skype voip quite sucks as you need to use your headphone to hear clearly.

c5m7b4
11-18-2011, 08:00 PM
I tried to purchase with Mastercard myself and it kicked my back to the home screen and it shows the upgrade is still in my cart. Also I notice the url says CHECK_OUT_FINAL_CONFIRMATION but there is definately no confirmation. I'm hoping that I have not been charged. Sucks, now I have to wait and make sure that it doesn't post to my bank account so I can try with a Visa. I'm calling Newtek in the morning. I want my upgrade, lol.

magoo
11-18-2011, 08:46 PM
I tried to purchase with Mastercard myself and it kicked my back to the home screen and it shows the upgrade is still in my cart. Also I notice the url says CHECK_OUT_FINAL_CONFIRMATION but there is definately no confirmation. I'm hoping that I have not been charged. Sucks, now I have to wait and make sure that it doesn't post to my bank account so I can try with a Visa. I'm calling Newtek in the morning. I want my upgrade, lol.

I had the same happen multiple times and was never charged. I even made sure with my bank.

PhotoTekArtWork
11-18-2011, 10:36 PM
NewTek is aware of the ordering problems and told me a week ago that they are working on them. I'm one of the few that ordered LW11 and got the links to download the software, but the files are corrupted and won't download correctly. So after 8 days now, with my credit card already charged and interest adding up, I still don't have my copy of LW11. I've called them many times this past week, and they're still working on the problem. I don't know why they just can't resend me new files.

Cougar12dk
11-18-2011, 10:53 PM
@PhotoTekArtwork: because that would be too logical/ easy?

c5m7b4
11-19-2011, 10:08 AM
I tried again using a Visa and it went through successfully. I got an email instantly with links to the 32 bit and 64 bit installs. I also got links to 2 PDF's. One with information on the new features which I am looking at right now. I also got a link to the new Content. I'm downloading them now. The WhatsNew.zip was a good file and I was able to extract it so I'm hoping the rest are ok. I'll keep you posted.

c5m7b4
11-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Worked like a charm. Use a Visa Card if you can. Everything went well. I installed on 64 and 32 bit systems and got both registered!! Ready to blow some stuff up!!!

GregMalick
11-19-2011, 11:08 AM
Here's another (possible better) old school solution.

To supplement online sales, have a rep that can take your order over the phone.

jeremydk
11-23-2011, 02:45 PM
finally i could confirm my order and get the download link. BUT after installation LW11 will
not accept any of my license keys !??! Oh the joy of legal software. Now i have to get support and wait another 2 weeks ?

wrench
11-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Did you register your LightWave 11 on the reg.newtek.com site? It won't work with your LightWave 10 license.key.

B

jeremydk
11-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Did you register your LightWave 11 on the reg.newtek.com site? It won't work with your LightWave 10 license.key.

B

Yes, tried that. Site says "Already registered" when i enter my hardCORE Membership number.
EDIT: I haven't received a new membership number. Am i supposed to ?

Another weekend without LW11 and no word from NT :cursin:

GuZZLo
12-09-2011, 09:53 AM
Purchased LW11 pre release, or so I thought. Got nothing in return because of AVS Mismatch but my card was billed the whole $495.

This is so bad. Seriously.

MONEY GONE, and NO LW11. WTF Newtek?!

prometheus
12-20-2011, 01:20 PM
I just received my credit card yesterday, mastercard sign.

no problems whatso ever, after entering codes, I received a mail with the download links a couple of seconds laterl
the downloads worked just fine, but I wont install and play with it today, maybe tomorrow or perhaps during the christmas weekend, I
got to hit the sack and get some good sleep, work tomorrow most important.
Excited anyway.

Michael

robpowers3d
12-20-2011, 07:07 PM
We are aware that there are problems for some users that may not have the proper information in the database and are looking at ways to improve the process moving forward. Ultimately our goal is to make the user experience a pleasant one. Thanks for understanding and your efforts in purchasing LightWave.

lreyes
12-27-2011, 06:27 PM
I live in San Antonio where LW is headquartered, and I just went to them and bought lightwave 9.6 years ago, they thought about it a little bit, but I got them to sell me LW