PDA

View Full Version : Save out Camera settings

nickdigital
11-17-2011, 06:56 PM
Is there a way to save out my Camera settings to a file so I can load them into another file? I'm not talking about the motion file. I'd like to save out the zoom value, width, height, etc all in one file.

xxiii
11-17-2011, 09:51 PM
You can "load item from scene" if you're just trying to create a camera with the same settings in another scene.

nickdigital
11-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Thx but that won't ultimately do what I want. I'd like to save out the Camera info so I could load up an existing scene and just update the Camera.

RebelHill
11-18-2011, 06:44 AM
I kinda get what ur on about, and would've though the most obvious would be to save a scene that only contains the camera, then load that into any other scenes where u want that cam... but I spose if you've aniamted/placed a cam in another scene u have to redo that with the imported cam.

The only possible solution I can think of lies in the fact that LW camera can load info from the exif data stored in dig photos, for matching to a real world camera... However, LW also writes exif data to rendered images... so you could save out a single frame render from the cam, and then load exif data from that image file to other cams/scenes, etc.

Dexter2999
11-18-2011, 06:57 AM
clever monkey

I wonder if it works?

zardoz
11-18-2011, 07:48 AM
maybe this can help. from the lwplugindb. I'm pasting here the info for further searches in the forum.

Load & Save Camera
Author: Jeremy Hardin
Availability: Open Source

Added to DB: February 24 2011

Details:
Two lscripts to load and save .cam camera files, that can then be loaded and used by the "Reference Camera" lscript.

http://www.lwplugindb.com/Plugin.aspx?id=75e95bbf

stiff paper
11-18-2011, 10:28 AM
Hmm. If you skip forwards to, say, a 2009 copy of Jeremy Harding's page in the WaybackMachine (the lwplugindb link) then it says "Broken with 9.0's introduction of different cameras." So that probably no longer works.

It is uncompiled though, so somebody with a little lscript nous might be able to apply a little attitude adjustment to it.

nickdigital
11-18-2011, 11:11 AM
maybe this can help. from the lwplugindb. I'm pasting here the info for further searches in the forum.

Load & Save Camera
Author: Jeremy Hardin
Availability: Open Source

Added to DB: February 24 2011

Details:
Two lscripts to load and save .cam camera files, that can then be loaded and used by the "Reference Camera" lscript.

http://www.lwplugindb.com/Plugin.aspx?id=75e95bbf

I have these but they were crashing Layout. I think they're uncompiled so maybe I can fix them.

nickdigital
11-18-2011, 11:11 AM
Hmm. If you skip forwards to, say, a 2009 copy of Jeremy Harding's page in the WaybackMachine (the lwplugindb link) then it says "Broken with 9.0's introduction of different cameras." So that probably no longer works.

It is uncompiled though, so somebody with a little lscript nous might be able to apply a little attitude adjustment to it.

Oh, good info to know.

xxiii
11-18-2011, 01:54 PM
I was going to modify my prior suggestion by suggesting "replace item" but then I saw it doesn't work with cameras, and there isn't a "replace item from scene".

Hm, it occurs to me that it would be nice if the presets panel had support for cameras.