PDA

View Full Version : hydralic-cylinder prob

nightrider
11-17-2011, 11:27 AM
Hi!
I have tray to animate my hydralic-cylinder now and cant get nothing to work I have post clean scen now with 2 cylinder Big- Small below that you can se ram what this shuld do are when I tilt upp my cylinder so shuld the small one folow the big.
And here I cant get this to work If I can get this 2 cylinders work to gether I can do the rest.
thx for all the help I get

nickdigital
11-17-2011, 12:54 PM
I believe this is what you want.

The cylinder pieces need to target each other.

colkai
11-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Try this - think it's what you're after :)

nightrider
11-17-2011, 01:22 PM
thx for this Yes this whas what I wont :)

colkai
11-18-2011, 03:48 AM
good-oh :)

nightrider
11-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Hi!
Sorry this dont work to my projekt bequse the big cylinder shuld be fast and the little cylinder shuld go inside the big cylinder when i have the cylinder pusch upp.
Sorry for my english but after the little cylinder you have tiller when I pusch the tiller upp this cylinder shuld folow this upp, so for the big cylinder that are part to the body and the little are to the big and the littlr are to tiller.

colkai
11-19-2011, 12:53 PM
If i understand you correctly, I think you just need to look at the setup and invert it in terms of parenting and goals.
Is that right?

nightrider
11-20-2011, 03:30 AM
Yes this are my prob bequse I cant get this to work and yes I have tray now with lott off differents option.
But I cant get this to work like thats shuld

falogfx
11-21-2011, 10:45 AM
-- Swedish --
Skriv på svenska vad exakt hur du vill att det ska funka så kanske jag kan hjälpa dig.
Bifogar en scenfil där jag har satt upp ett hydraulsystem såsom jag tror att du vill ha det. Prova det genom att rotera ram-objektet.
Använd din egen objektfil när du öppnar scenen.
-- End Swedish --

I asked Nightrider to write in Swedish instead, so I might be able to help him. If you want to try the attached scene file then use Nightrider's object files. Drive the setup by rotating the "Ram" object.

nightrider
11-21-2011, 10:55 AM
Thx for this this whas I´m try to create :)

falogfx
11-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Have a look at this thread (http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=123908) I just created after reading this one. It's my script for auto generation of hydraulics :)

nightrider
11-24-2011, 12:40 AM
Have a look at this thread (http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=123908) I just created after reading this one. It's my script for auto generation of hydraulics :)

I sent you my files now bequse I cant get this to work
I send you pm with more info.

nightrider
11-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Hello!
I just have a little problem with my digger and that's the scoop
as you can see in the picture sitting on the only two misses what should I do to follow the cylinder has done everything with your script:)

falogfx
11-28-2011, 02:58 AM
You will need quite a complex IK setup to drive that configuration, I don't think I could explain it in an understandable way here :) So I'll just give you a few tips.

You need to think about which parts belong to each other and set up your hierarchy accordingly. Some nulls and some terminated IK chains could solve it (look up "Unaffected by IK of Decendants").

Often when setting up these kind of things, I try to think backwards from how it would work in real life. For example - move/rotate the scoop and let the hydraulics and linkage follow the scoop motion instead of the opposite, which is how it would work for real.

It may be better to make short IK chains for isolated movements and then tie them together through nulls and parenting, than trying to make a single chain that handles everything - since there is a risk of making like sort of infinite loops in such a chain which makes the IK non solvable.