PDA

View Full Version : Fly-Thru Animation

azman_821009
11-17-2011, 01:27 AM
Hi guys,

Here is my latest Architecture Animation. The modeling and texturing was made with LW and rendering I used Kray Tracing render engine. The compositing and effects in AE, I did nearly 6 weeks to complete. Things have been little hectic recently and without help from you guys, I would not able to handle it . Thank you very much for all your help (friends and junior 3D Visualizer), I really appreciate it. Also special thank to GarageFarm for the renderfarm - Tomek. The rendering take almost 5 days total. I do appreciate any comments from you guys so i can improve for the next project.

http://vimeo.com/32192973

password - 123456789 ;D

vector
11-17-2011, 02:04 AM
Very nice! Instanced trees I suppose...

Vector

azman_821009
11-17-2011, 02:09 AM
thanks vector. ;)

djwaterman
11-17-2011, 03:39 AM
That's massive. My only crit is that you have a lens flare on almost every shot. Also (here it comes) with the people, if that girls leg wasn't up in the air she wouldn't have seemed frozen, so perhaps next time have all the people in rested positions.
I don't know how you get these jobs done on time, so much going on in them.

raw-m
11-17-2011, 05:27 AM
Lovely stuff, many congrats. Can you do a break down for us as some point :)?! I only have two crits, as mentioned the multi iris flare gets on my nerves after while (they don't add anything), that and I can't stand Enigma!

I'd be happy with that if it took me 6 months! Brilliant!

Did you use radiosity? How did you get it so stable?

Danner
11-17-2011, 07:28 AM
That is very impressive work! Very good modeling and lighting.

But everyone is a critic and I have a few things that bugged me ;o). Too high specularity in the roofs.. they might be like that but looks odd.

I agree about the flares, they are abused too much, they are ok to use now and then, but not in every shot, and they cover up areas of interest many times.

I also agree about the leg in the air.. it looks like a natural pose for a still but animated looks stiff and unconfortable.

The editing/post... , the 2d plants growing to announce a title are great but the letters look unprofessional, Jagged and with the wrong font. The "presents" screen goes on for too long and it's bland.

I don't mean to sound harsh, this is very good work and I'd be proud of it if it was mine.

SBowie
11-17-2011, 07:42 AM
If we're being quite picky, I liked the fact that the paved road surface was 'weathered', but that said, the crazing seemed a little extreme (and regular). A road that looked like that here would be overdue for repaving.

geo_n
11-17-2011, 08:41 AM
Excellent kray render. What gi method are you using? Time interpolated or shared? I don't see any dancing pixels, too, which is hard to hide there's so many long continuous shot in your video. AA setting must be very high. Nice job.
Can't wait to get my hands on kray 3.0.

MDSPECIFIC
11-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Vimeo gives me: "This is a password protected video".

Edit: I saw your pass. HA! :)
Nice promo video! Flares are problematic. I personally don't like vignetting or maybe just a small amount of vignetting. Maybe an extra motion blur would give that natural walking/flying through feel. Overall nice and complex ArchViz project!

Danner
11-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Vimeo gives me: "This is a password protected video".

re-read first post

Amurrell
11-18-2011, 12:20 PM
I would have to agree with the rest that the lens flare is a little much. After a while it was all I seemed to focus on. The car taking square turns also threw off the timing in the animation for me. And the vignetting was also a little strong in my opinion.

azman_821009
11-18-2011, 09:15 PM
thank you so much for the comments guys..really appreciate ..;)

Most of the *comments more about lens flare and the figure leg looks frozen. ok for the lens flare i will try not to put all the scenes for next coming project. :) for the leg look frozen yeah, actually i already have the 'ready animate figures on pool area, walking etc. not only that i already have a flocking birdies, butterfly animated but time is too limited *because i need to try and error before the final render. also i am doing this alone, maybe next project *i need to hire part time animator to assist me out. ;)

anyway to raw-m, what do you meant by 'i can't stand Enigma'?

yes for the roof i saw it after the final rendering. DAMN!! i really need a team to do better than this. for the growing plants on the titles, yes i agree..:).. i only have 2-3 days for compositing and sound editing. :)

Ok for the Kray i used Shared GI Mode. Actually there are a bit dancing pixels (grain or flicker) but you need cover it up in After Effects with compositing, color correction, ID buffers etc. The AA setting i used medium. Really cant wait for the upcoming version and i hope the new version of Kray render engine can chalenge Vray. Haha.

actually i still unhappy with this. i need to learn and explore more about texturing and animated figures.
will try to hire part time animator to help me next time. :) this is the most crazy work i ever done almost 90% i did by myself including the compositing, sound editing etc.. only sleep 3-4 hours per day because of deadline. hahaha. :D i will improve for the next project. :)

anyway i can't wait for the LW 11 more new feature. :)

Mat
12-03-2011, 01:54 PM
I just have to say wow... the amount of work gone into this is just amazing.
such detail.

I think that needs to be said.
I wouldn't even know where to begin to start something like this.

great work. :)