PDA

View Full Version : photometric light help

monfoodoo
11-16-2011, 12:21 AM
I have IES files, with one loaded in properties panel.With the light next to a Poly plane but i am not seeing anything in the render.

Mitja
11-16-2011, 05:25 AM
maybe if you post a screen and a render we can help you better, it could be anything!

rsfd
11-16-2011, 07:30 AM
assuming, the IES is headed towards the plane correctly, the chosen light could simply be too weak or too far away from the plane (IES is real world data).
What file have you loaded or how much Watt does the lamp has got (>properties window)?

monfoodoo
11-16-2011, 09:08 AM
I never took the time to mess with the new light options and also have DP lights in there and i was looking for options for lighting this Rat Fink scene.So this is the test area for last night.It was the file i was using.This morning i loaded a different file and wala.Actually you can see a faint light on the first one.I'll have to do some more experimenting.Pretty cool stuff.I just couldn't find any info on the subject anywhere.Any tips are surely welcome.

Mitja
11-17-2011, 12:55 AM
Sometimes IES are a bit messed, so you have to use high light intensity values to actually see something. Play with the light size too. Otherwise the best way to learn is to experiment yourself, I found IES lights to be sort of a not exact sceince! ;)