PDA

View Full Version : Live Text format shifting

DanielG
11-15-2011, 12:48 PM
I'm experiencing a LARGE shift in text size from Live Text to Tricaster output. What I mean is I have to make my text box go far outside of the editing view in Live Text so that it will look presentable when showing it in Tricaster, this is a very annoying problem. Text has to be so spaced out in LT that I can't view it all in and there seems to be no "zoom out" tool to view more of the editing space in Live Text. What's going on here? Why is LT changing my text sizes when I send to Live, or why is Live changing the imported text sizes of my titles?

SBowie
11-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Not sure - any chance you could post screengrabs from both the LT system and the TC desktop?

DanielG
11-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Gladly. Images are attached.
If I have to over compensate in LiveText to get it to work in Tricaster I can't work like that. It's to much of a waste of time and a hastle switching back and forth just to see if I guessed right.
In Live test (screenshot) I saved the project, then clicked send current page to live. Went to Tricaster's titles, added the one I sent to live, and the text and formatting is not what I had in Live Text.

SBowie
11-16-2011, 10:23 AM
I rather suspect you are working in a 4:3 SD session, but creating title pages that are formatted for 16:9 HD. Not sure, though - I really need to see the whole TriCaster desktop. The session resolution is cropped out in your image.

DanielG
11-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Nothing is cropped its a complete screecapture. Where can I check on those details to confirm. Our session is 16:9 not 4:3.
More problems today: LT is crashing very often and earlier I was unable to load a new .cg I file made thinking starting over would help which I think it has except that it would not re open and kept kicking me out of LT once it loaded.

Lee-AVP
11-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Daniel, I notice that the positioners are turned on on your overlay channels.

Any reason why? Perhaps the positioner is scaling the overlay in a big way.

Of course, it looks right in the title preview, which I don't really understand. But I would turn the positioners off and see if that makes the overlay match livetext.

joseburgos
11-16-2011, 06:54 PM
And he has the old version of TriCaster but yeah Lee's observation seems a very likely suspect.

ZachSchuster
11-16-2011, 10:15 PM
I'm confused. It sounds and looks like everything is showing up properly in the Tricatser. It's the LiveText interface that is acting difficult.

From these two screenshots I surmise that the text field in LT requires the spacing be so large in the edit space, but when sent to live, it appears to be all inside the page margins. May I assume that if you space the text to look good in LT, the letters are squished together when sent to the Tricaster?

What version of LT are you using? The lack of a session size in the top menu bar, as Steve was looking for, suggests that you might be running an older version.

EDIT: My mistake, this is being made in the built in LT, not a stand alone version. Not sure what to suggest...

SBowie
11-17-2011, 04:44 AM
What version of LT are you using? The lack of a session size in the top menu bar, as Steve was looking for, suggests that you might be running an older version.Weird, I wrote a reply yesterday, but it doesn't seem to have been posted. Anyway ....

Actually, when I first looked at the second image, it consisted of the left half of the Live Desktop superimposed over the LT screen, obscuring it's right half. Unless the image was replaced, I really have no idea why that's what I saw. I loaded it several times, and got that each time. That being so, I could not see the right side of the Live Desktop, including the session info at the top. The title page was clearly composed for a 16x9 frame, and I was wondering if the session was 4x3, which would cause some problems. Now that I can see the entire screen, I can see it isn't the case.

EDIT: My mistake, this is being made in the built in LT, not a stand alone version. Not sure what to suggest...I had the same initial idea, too; from the original post, my impression was that we were talking about a title page being sent across a network from an LT satellite workstation. Another wrong assumption on my part.

All of this said, the Position setting (now that I can see it) does seem like something to check. It would also have been useful to show the source Titles tab in the Live Desktop screengrab, but maybe further info will be forthcoming. I do seem to recall that exported pages fail to support all text attributes related to kerning, so that may have some role too.

Lee-AVP
11-17-2011, 07:13 AM
Looking at his images on a larger screen, I don't think it's the positioner. The background graphic, heart, and the text near the heart are all consistent - it's just the one line of title text.

So if there is a kerning issue, that would seem to fit. It would be good if the OP could select the text in question so we can see its font settings.

DanielG
11-17-2011, 07:19 AM
Yes I did replace the 2nd image noticing that I did a bad screen capture save with paint :P so I redid it properly and replaced the bad one.
I am using Tricasters built in LT and no, no network sending. The file menu buttons says "Send all pages to Live" referring to Tricaster
s Live production part.
I will uncheck positions but it does not to any scaling, only positioning.
Why would Titles no support all of LT's attributes? You can't have one without the other you think it would be more consistent.
Thanks for all of your involvement guys

SBowie
11-17-2011, 07:25 AM
Why would Titles no support all of LT's attributesThere are subtle difference between the .cgxml format, which is what TriCaster XD models use, and the older (but more limiting when live) .cg file format, which is the native format of LT. In general, attributes are preserved on export, but there are a few remaining oddities at this time as far as I know.

Just to mention it, if your needs don't require you to edit the title while live, exporting as PNG's would bypass any file format issues. Not a perfect solution, but good to know anyway, perhaps. And in this case, it might be a sueful diagnostic test.

DanielG
11-17-2011, 08:12 AM
Yea my next step is to bypass any editing or attribute problems in LT by using PNG's with transparecy, now I'd still have to use LT to make a page or title with the png in it, the text however would be already in the PNG thus saving it from any changes. LT doesn't seem to stretch images or anything weird, it's just text. A nice update would be to allow PNG's to be added to in to the TITLES tab and not just .cgxml files. We use Stills for pictures but Titles for lower thirds via the Overlay tool which is awesome. I'd like to not have to mix our Stills with lower thirds graphics because Titles can only handle .cgxml files.

SBowie
11-17-2011, 09:04 AM
A nice update would be to allow PNG's to be added to in to the TITLES tab and not just .cgxml files.You can do that now, always have been able to.

DanielG
11-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Thank you I will try exporting png's. The new problem of the day: when I clone a previous slide it clones the text only. So in filebin I see the background png I have used on all of the slides and if I click on it it will open in a picture viewer but when I drag it in to LTs editing area it says "the file *...location...* .png could not load. Nothing has changed since yesterday and the same png is still open and working on previous titles in LT! Why am I having such trouble with this program!

SBowie
11-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Honestly, you have enough quirks that I think I'd be thinking about doing a TC Restore and update ...

DanielG
11-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Tempting, did i mention it would crash often when clicking clone?