PDA

View Full Version : Using XKEYS 24 with TXCD 850

digiview
11-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Hi I have a situation where I can not take my CS850 into an area that I have to work from. I was thinking of using a XKEYS 24 keyboard to program Record ON/OFF, TAKE, AUTO,V1 and V2 as these are the only functions I need.
Has anyone used Xkeys 24 successfully to program Tricaster CS functions, any advice would be appreciated ?

God I wish I had an iPad app.

Many thanks.

kltv
11-14-2011, 11:52 AM
It isn't an iPad, but it does what you need and a whole heck of a lot more...

http://www.youngmonkey.ca/hands/Software/MasterControl/index.html

Kris

vanderwielen
11-14-2011, 04:54 PM
yes you can use xkeys. i have a xkeys stick running in hardware mode. the nice thing about xkeys is that you can feel the buttons. don't forget that the keyboard will inherently do what you want. ie 1, F1, 2 F2 etc

digiview
11-15-2011, 01:11 AM
Kris I have had a good looked at the master control it's too expensive for the few functions that I need. What I find interesting looking at the Xkeys is you can program whatever you want into them. Looks like it would be a good tool to have.

vanderwielen I just sent you a PM

Thanks Guys

vanderwielen
11-15-2011, 08:16 AM
digiview, i did not get your pm, but be aware that the keyboard shortcuts available on the 850 are very few relative to the vt5...which had many. so you can effectively select preview program and such, but in some cases you'll be starved for commands.