PDA

View Full Version : Feedback wanted - Dynamite users with Lightwave 11?

prometheus
11-11-2011, 06:19 AM
Im still only using Lightwave 10.0 instead of 10.1 mostly due to the fact of the broken plugin of Dynamite.

Could someone please let me know here if it works with Lightwave 11 for those of you guys who have bought that upgrade?

Michael
http://vimeo.com/user680656

Phil
11-11-2011, 03:45 PM
It works fine here under Mac32 LW 11

stevecullum
11-12-2011, 05:40 AM
1.2 works fine here on lw64 bit

prometheus
11-12-2011, 11:37 AM
It works fine here under Mac32 LW 11

1.2 works fine here on lw64 bit

Thanks guys, but that didnīt make it clear for me still since
I donīt use Mac, and stevecullum...dynamite 1.2 with lw64 bit?
is that with lightwave 11 on pc?

Michael

stevecullum
11-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Thanks guys, but that didnīt make it clear for me still since
I donīt use Mac, and stevecullum...dynamite 1.2 with lw64 bit?
is that with lightwave 11 on pc?

Michael

Yes. There are a few problems in VPR, crashes now and then, but otherwise seems quite useable.

prometheus
11-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Yes. There are a few problems in VPR, crashes now and then, but otherwise seems quite useable.

Aha..thatīs making it wortwhile perhaps to purchase it, since lightwave 10.1 just freezes and even locks the whole computer system when using dynamite, but 10.0 doesnīt.

Donīt know about the purchase thou, depends on the upgrade price offering I get, I like many others starts to feel that whatīs now in lightwave 11 is what we bought in to with the core program.

Michael

stevecullum
11-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Donīt know about the purchase thou, depends on the upgrade price offering I get, I like many others starts to feel that whatīs now in lightwave 11 is what we bought in to with the core program.

Well the way I see it, I simply can't get the features 11 has in another program without paying out a shed load more than $495. Then there is the maintenance if you want any point releases. They at least come free with NT still.

But it depends on your needs - if its only Bullet that interests you, wait for ibounce to be released. If you really must have Dynamite, then its 11 or stick to the last version that it worked in.

While the whole CORE debacle left a bitter taste, I'm over it a long time ago...

prometheus
11-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Well the way I see it, I simply can't get the features 11 has in another program without paying out a shed load more than $495. Then there is the maintenance if you want any point releases. They at least come free with NT still.

But it depends on your needs - if its only Bullet that interests you, wait for ibounce to be released. If you really must have Dynamite, then its 11 or stick to the last version that it worked in.

While the whole CORE debacle left a bitter taste, I'm over it a long time ago...

very much good points there, Iīll wait thou for a response from customers service about what will be offered for me before I can make up my mind.

I could work with lightwave 10.0 at work with products renderings I do for work, but on my private project list I would like to expand on working with natural environments or backdrops along with fluid vfx and particle effects.

so not having much happening in hypervoxels or more advanced particle systems isnīt attractive and might get me looking at other tools, and I think to many background tools have stagnated, such as skytracer or a non progressive ogo taiki, wich means that I could get some of that better invested in the new upcoming vue wich looks great.

Michael

stevecullum
11-12-2011, 03:06 PM
very much good points there, Iīll wait thou for a response from customers service about what will be offered for me before I can make up my mind.

I could work with lightwave 10.0 at work with products renderings I do for work, but on my private project list I would like to expand on working with natural environments or backdrops along with fluid vfx and particle effects.

so not having much happening in hypervoxels or more advanced particle systems isnīt attractive and might get me looking at other tools, and I think to many background tools have stagnated, such as skytracer or a non progressive ogo taiki, wich means that I could get some of that better invested in the new upcoming vue wich looks great.

Michael

Well you do have to use what best suits your needs. I don't do much with Fluids work wise, but for personal projects I'm interested. But I can't justify spending the sort money I would need to, just so I can have some nice liquid or smoke to smile at. So for that I'll get by with Dynamite and experiment with the HV blending.

I did some HV blend tests actually...this in an unfinished piece, in that I was going to expand the test into something more, but I've abandoned it in favour of other LW11 fun ;)

prometheus
11-13-2011, 05:17 AM
What...I must have missed this about the HV blending, now also in the volume mode??..I just noticed that in the mailbox from the forumreg.

Iīll go to the special forums and talk about it there..

Michael