It sounds very promising.
-Joe

-Joe

JeffrySG
11-10-2011, 10:13 PM
http://www.newtek.com/features-lightwave-menu.html

ShadowMystic
11-10-2011, 10:16 PM
I think I experienced my very first nerdgasm...

GandB
11-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Did you say Unity interchange? That has my attention...

JCG
11-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Did you say Unity interchange? That has my attention...

He said something in the order of, "you'll be able to open your LW scenes directly in Unity." All the while showing a massive Unity logo on the screen.

SBowie
11-10-2011, 11:37 PM
..some features are free plugins and they are also for Lightwave10The fact that someone has previously done something does not make it not worth doing directly in LW -especially if it can be done better.

I am curios, if Core is now a complete different application to update?I really don't understand the question, sorry.

hrgiger
11-10-2011, 11:42 PM
..some features are free plugins and they are also for Lightwave10
watch this announcement in the last part http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0KJcgHNw5s

I still think core has more enhancements, because you have history and you can model in camera-view.
I am curios, if Core is now a complete different application to update?

You know CORE is no longer being developed yes?

Dodgy
11-10-2011, 11:49 PM
They're going to use the code from core and roll it into regular LW, piece by piece, ending in total layout/modeler integration.

Maybe they can show what is better in the zbrush plugin than in the one from other apps?
Other than the others don't work in LW and this does?

hrgiger
11-10-2011, 11:57 PM
... I know there are some confusing threads here, but if you watch the announcements-videos from newtek, than it is clear, Core is the future of lightwave and will replace it!

No that is not the case anymore. CORE is no longer being developed as an application- there is no confusion at this point. As Dodgy says, the plan as we understand it now is to use the CORE framework and implement that into exisiting LightWave gradually.

SBowie
11-10-2011, 11:59 PM
No that is not the case anymore. CORE is no longer being developed as an application- there is no confusion at this point. As Dodgy says, the plan as we understand it now is to use the CORE framework and implement that into exisiting LightWave gradually.Correct. Honestly, I'm really surprised that's not known by those who come here often by now. It was even discussed at great length in other forums.

akademus
11-11-2011, 01:52 AM
edit: wrong LW11 thread :)

PeteS
11-11-2011, 06:24 AM
... ok, I see, this is a windows only product?
But I have a Bootcamp Mac :-)

edit: I just got an new email with download-informations for each system (Win&Mac) in the store I was only able to download windows...

Hmmm...I was going to dl today too. I hope there is a Mac version!!

littlewaves
11-11-2011, 06:30 AM
Hmmm...I was going to dl today too. I hope there is a Mac version!!

Mac users dumped on by Newtek? Surely not!

I understand why though I guess. I'll probably switch to PC for LW11 if I bite

SBowie
11-11-2011, 06:30 AM
I am also very surprised!! At the beginning when Core was starting SBowie was one of the people convincing me about the Core-Future!!I certainly was enthusiastic about it (though like many I tempered that with frequent 'not for everyone' caveats), and was initially disappointed when the direction changed ... but that's months back now, and I genuinely am surprised you didn't know already, since you have been quite active in the CORE related discussion all along, or so it seemed. There were long threads on the subject both in the public and private forums.

There are people defending core, and there are people defending other opinions.Probably your best bet is to use Search to try to find some of the old discussions to catch up.

littlewaves
11-11-2011, 06:38 AM
hello PeteS there is a Mac-Version... I was initially confused, because after purchasing in that store, there was a download-link, and the download-file was windows32... BUT if you check your mails, there you get after some minutes all download-links in an email...

I take back my "dumped on" comment then.

Time will tell though.

I'll be interested to see how the mac version keeps up this time.

SBowie
11-11-2011, 06:43 AM
I did, and the answers in this forum are very confusing and very long!!
if you do a google-search, you find many videos, where rob is talking about the future of core and the awesome new tools in lightwave10!! I think most of the tools from Lightwave11 are includet in Core, like the bullets and Instancing and also GoZ. If you register Lightwave11, there is also a link to register Core, it seems Core is a new application in the future!Much of that information is out of date, and no standalone CORE application is planned. The registration link is probably related to the HC program, but I don't think it's actually still on sale as such.