PDA

View Full Version : save scene objects as single object

monfoodoo
11-09-2011, 11:25 AM
After positioning two objects in layout,i need to bring them into modeler as an object, retaining there positions so i can rig up string of xmas lights from one object to the other. How can i do this?

Greenlaw
11-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Simplest method: Use Save Transformed for each object--this exports the objects with their current coordinates and deformations applied. Then import both to Modeler. From there you can copy and paste each into a single file.

Some caveats: if you didn't surface your objects using UV maps, you may need to redo this. Also, I think morph maps will be lost. (I should double-check that last bit...I know something gets lost when doing save transformed and I think it was morph maps. UV maps come through just fine though.)

Celshader
11-09-2011, 11:41 AM
If you ever need to repeat Greenlaw's technique for a scene with a lot more objects, consider these LScripts:
http://lwplugindb.com/Plugin.aspx?id=0dc2ba57

One script will save out all objects in a given scene as sequentially numbered Transformed objects. The companion script will then load this object sequence into empty layers in Modeler. From there you can save the object as a layered object, or you can collapse the layers into a single mesh.

monfoodoo
11-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the replies! Again it;s something LW should have in there program.(save Selected objects as object)or something like that.

OnlineRender
11-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the replies! Again it;s something LW should have in there program.(save Selected objects as object)or something like that.

thats pretty much what Save object increment or save object copy or save trans is

Trevor
11-09-2011, 03:18 PM

Hi, it already does, I recently had to do this with 247 cloned objects in layout. I used export scene as fbx then loaded the fbx file into modeler, LW will ask you if you want to load all objects into one layer.
Worked a treat for me.
Hope this helps.

Cageman
11-09-2011, 03:53 PM
thats pretty much what Save object increment or save object copy or save trans is

No, it isn't. The usual workaround I need to do is to use CP_SaveTransformedObjects (which does that on multiselection, which LW native tool does not). Then I jump over to Modeler and use Object Collapser to take all objects from a directory and combine into one object.

:)

EDIT: ObjectCollapser btw, is a native tool, usually found under Utilities. Very handy and saves a ton of work to manually combine several LWOs into a single layer. It also supports loading objects from a directory into layers.

:)

3dworks
11-09-2011, 04:24 PM
http://svenart.de/lscripts.htm

scene2modeler is your friend. :)

cheers

markus

moussepipi2000
11-09-2011, 09:13 PM
scene2modeler dont worki for me in 10.1 but ok in 9.6.

btw not extensive test on that.

Really, the dream is Modeler + Layout fusion but if not possible a LWS that can embedded Lwo file will be a must. No more multiple scene linking with unique object and lot a confusion. cant handle anymore this workflow. Too dangerous!