PDA

View Full Version : Animate warningslamp

nightrider
11-09-2011, 06:13 AM
Hi!
I have try now to animate my warnings lamp and I cant get this to work thats shuld.
I post my scene here so you can se and hope some one can help me out bequse I dont se how I shuld do.
I have parent my light to the roate silver blad but I cant do this realestic with the light.

RudySchneider
11-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Is this anywhere close to what you were after? If so, you need to increase your light intensity, turn your light falloff OFF, and change your background to something darker, at minimum.

nightrider
11-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Yes but I cant get the rotate to work with the light thats shuld do
you shuld se the light rotate like warning light

RudySchneider
11-10-2011, 12:06 PM
See if the changes I've made make sense to you:
1. Make life easier on yourself and center your objects (reflector and cover) in Modeler (F2 hotkey).
2. Your objects are supposed to be three-dimensional, just like a real reflector and lens cover. That means they need thickness. I used the Thickener plug-in to do so.
3. Once your objects are centered properly, it's much easier to parent them, along with the lamp, to the Null object in Layout.
4. Lastly, I played around a bit with the floodlight intensity and falloff. Normally, lights would have inverse-squared falloff, but Layout gave some strange renders with that setting.

Hope this helps a bit.