PDA

View Full Version : Best way to add detail

peteb
10-15-2003, 07:12 AM
Ok I'm making a face model, I usually make faces using the point by point mode, but I wanted to give the box modelling a go. Well I've now got to the stage where everything is pretty much there, but it's a witch head so I want to add warts and stuff like bags under the eyes. I tried just smooth shifting but it seems to be a bit awkward now to try and get the polys down to a size where I can start adding the fine details. Would it be better to now metaform the object and work on smaller polys? Or is there a way that I'm not thinking of. I've though about just cuting in poys where I need them but you always gave to try and trianglate them off which sud divs doesn't like.

hrgiger
10-15-2003, 08:22 AM
There are a few tools out there that will help you.

Dstorms edge tool will help you cut up polys to add some smaller detail. It sometimes just takes a little bit of manually rebuilding so that you have 3 or 4 point polygons. It's free.

As far as the wrinkles under the eyes, there's a free plug-in called FI_wrinkles that can add some nice wrinkle detail.

Just do a search on flay.com

peteb
10-15-2003, 08:31 AM
Thanks hrgiger, let me also apologise for my terrible spelling in my last mail.

TyVole
10-15-2003, 09:36 AM
FI's Wrinkles is really great; and you can use it for much more than just wrinkles -- it has endless possibilities. For instance, I used it to add detail to an abdomen.

munky
10-15-2003, 11:13 AM
Yon guirre at www.yahlls.com has a really nice and simple tutorial all about adding detail I'd truck on over there if I were you and download it (its in pdf form) it is very straight foreward and it has a bit on the d storm add edge tool too!

regards

paul