PDA

View Full Version : mass shader editing

skarab
10-15-2003, 03:18 AM
Hi
I am currently creating an animation in which I am constantly having to turn all the surface shaders for my objects on and off. Although the scene isn't done yet, I am already finding it very time consuming to have to turn the shaders for all the surfaces in the scene on and off.

I looked in the spreadsheet editor and it seems that you cannot do mass editing of surfaces either. So I was just wondering how easy it would be to create a script that turned all shaders in the scene either on or off. If anybody could point me in the right direction to create a little script to do this, I would be much appreciative.

thanks
oliver

papou
10-15-2003, 10:30 AM
maybe a good direction to begin is the AddG2.ls from http://www.hurleyworks.com/LScripts.html

This Layout generic plugin adds G2 to each surface of each object in a user selected directory.

fxnut
10-16-2003, 08:15 AM
I know it's possible to add and remove plugins from objects, but I don't think it's possible to disable them (i.e. like turning on and off the check mark in the plugin list). There are loads of examples of this in the Lscript/Interface/Layout directory.

skarab
10-22-2003, 06:30 AM
thanks for your help, it has been most informative

oliver