PDA

View Full Version : objects randomly moving in layout?

tmbrooks
11-01-2011, 10:33 AM
I am trying to create a simple scene in layout from 4 objects - a wall, a floor, and two words - all created in modeler. I load one object - fine, the second, fine, the third - it moves to a spot to the right. I move the object to where I want it - click on VPR to view and it moves it back to the right. I have tried recreating the objects in modeler multiple times and it still happens.
Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?
The first time I was going through this, the camera kept jumping back to way out of the grid. When I moved the object back to their place, other object would move or the camera would move again.
I have successfully created more complex scenes than this will much more success so it's driving me crazy to be stuck on this.

Nicolas Jordan
11-01-2011, 10:43 AM
If the objects are not staying where you had them in modeler when loaded into Layout then it could be a problem with the pivot point. It reminds me of a bug that I have run into before.

Try this. Go back to modeler and go to the layer of the object that is not staying where it should. Go to the "View" tab and click on the "Pivot" button and hit the "n" key to bring up the numeric panel. Make sure all these values are all at 0. If they aren't then zero them all out and save your object file. Reload the object into layout and see if that fixed it. You can also 0 out your pivot in layout by going to "modify" tab and "Move Pivot".

If this doesn't fix it you can post the scene and object files so others can take a look at it.

wrench
11-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Not even that complex. I'm betting it's because you haven't set keys, or don't have AutoKey turned on.

B

tmbrooks
11-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Thank Nicolas! That fixed it.

Nicolas Jordan
11-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Thank Nicolas! That fixed it.

Your welcome. :) I think this is a bug and I'm not sure what causes it but it doesn't seem to happen very often.

Silkrooster
01-26-2012, 01:20 AM
I ran across this issue a few months back. I assumed it was a bug in the vue plugin. I ended up moving all the objects, lights, cameras back to their location or as close it as I could remember. The only reason I assumed it was the vue plugin, is because thats the first time I have ever seen it happen and I haven't had vue xstream very long.

OnlineRender
01-26-2012, 10:24 AM
could be a Polygeist...thanks I'm here all day