PDA

View Full Version : Baking All Camera Data

raw-m
10-31-2011, 10:29 AM
Is there a script out there that will bake all my camera data - to include any expressions/FK/IK that might be applied to it? I've finished my moves and I want to lock it down so I can use it with AE Link.

RebelHill
11-01-2011, 05:42 AM
mentalfish motion baker is the thing for you!!!

raw-m
11-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Thank you, good call - the push I needed!

Turns out this was a two step process - firstly, clone the camera (just in case), then run Mentalfish's Motion Baker. This sorted the IK but didn't bake the World Co-ordinates of my camera in the rig.

Second step was to run "BakeMotion", found under Utilites/Additional (must look there more often - theres some useful stuff I didn't realise was there!). Unparented the camera from the rig (turning off "Parent in Place") - jobs a goodun'.

RebelHill
11-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Ah yes... MF baker will only bake at the current hierarchy level... so if somethings parented to something else, it wont bake down the absolute world position.

One habit to get into if you like, is to make a null which you parent into your cameras rig hierarchy, and then use the same as item constrint to snap the camera to it (leaving the camera still as a scene child, and using the SAI as a parent constraint, rather than parenting it).