PDA

View Full Version : 3 nodes into one input

wrightyp100
10-31-2011, 10:42 AM
Hi there, very new to nodes, but have found they are fun. Especially when combined with weight maps!

My question is, say i have three seperate turbulance nodes i want to plug into colour, what would be the best way.

I have found a multiply node that allows two, but any more than that and it doesn't seem to work.

Also, the nodes seem to override any texture maps. How can I re-instate those? This might be a bit of a vague question, but I am just tip toeing into nodes.

Cheers

Paul

wrench
10-31-2011, 11:22 AM
Hi,

Why are you trying to merge three Turbulence nodes? What effect are you going for? You can also use the Layer nodes, and create three layers of Procedural Turbulence if you wish, then put the one node into your Color channel. Nodes override any channels they replace. That's to say, if you are using the Transparency input on the Surface node that is always there, in the Surface Editor Transparency becomes greyed out.

If you want to keep the textures you've already made your best bet is to recreate them in nodes (or not use those channels in the Node Editor).

B

wrightyp100
11-01-2011, 04:48 AM
Hi!

Yeah, I sort of answered my own question later. I know what I was doing wrong.

Cheers very much.