PDA

View Full Version : webpage and lower third?

KFontenot
10-31-2011, 09:42 AM
a client wants to incorporate the web based "textawall" as a lower third during live video events so the audience can text during the event and see it on the screen. Can I superimpose the iVGA as a lower third?
Currently I have a Tricaster Broadcast but am considering upgrade to HD model. Will an upgraded to HD model do better than my current Tricaster Broadcast model for trying to do this?
thanks

PIZAZZ
10-31-2011, 09:48 AM
you definitely can look better with an HD model. I find it especially helpful to have an XD model when using computers as sources. Set the graphic resolution of the PCs to 1920x1080 and bring them via iVGA or if you want a hardware solution, BlackMagicDesign DVI to HD-SDI adapter for $295. I have several churches that do just this for bringing in their worship software graphics and creating lower thirds over the video.

Another option we have implemented is using LiveText watching a file created from the SMS text or Tweet software. Let me know if you want more details of that.

I am the NewTek Elite Partner for your area and I would be glad to discuss your upgrade options. Feel free to contact me at jef at pizazzme dot com or just call 409-860-9283.

joseburgos
10-31-2011, 09:50 AM
The XD line would make this easier because it can crop and size via the virtual input. On a SD TriCaster the best way is via a LiveSet.

joseburgos
10-31-2011, 09:54 AM
Opps, posted at the same time :)

csandy
11-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Another option we have implemented is using LiveText watching a file created from the SMS text or Tweet software. Let me know if you want more details of that.

Does the built-in XD Livetext do that, or only the standalone version?

SBowie
11-02-2011, 03:41 AM
Does the built-in XD Livetext do that, or only the standalone version?Standalone only. The integrated LT is meant for title/gfx authoring, and cannot be run during a live production.

csandy
11-02-2011, 07:32 AM
Thanks for clarifying. That should help KFontenot find the correct solution.