PDA

View Full Version : Wacom cover sheets

Philbert
10-30-2011, 03:34 PM
I keep having problems with my Wacom cover sheet getting worn out and it's $15 every time I replace one. Has anyone tried just flipping over the old sheet and re-sticking it? They look the same on both sides.

akademus
10-30-2011, 11:49 PM
I don't think cover sheet has anything to do with the functionality of the tablet. Cintiq has a screen on top :) Heck you can put a plexiglass on top and it will still work. I think wacom is just charging you 15$ for a piece of plastic.

Philbert
10-31-2011, 05:28 AM
I ended up peeling off the old sheet and removing the sticky stuff and flipping it over, then reattached with some double sided tape. It works but it does feel slightly rougher on the pen tip, although I can't feel that difference with my fingers.

probiner
10-31-2011, 07:36 AM
model? My wacom doesn't have that.

biliousfrog
10-31-2011, 07:44 AM
Yep, flipped mine over after making the mistake of using it as a mouse mat when I first got it. You can find similar plastic in art, craft and model-making shops, anything will work. I actually quite like the feel of the felt nib on satin photo paper but it's not for everyone.

Philbert
10-31-2011, 07:52 AM
model? My wacom doesn't have that.

It's an Intuos 3 6x8, my old Intuos 1 had it as well. In fact the Intuos 1 had a nice strip of buttons along the top.

probiner
10-31-2011, 07:59 AM
Apparently they figured that one out. My Intuos 4 has no cover sheet. just a solid surface.

Danner
10-31-2011, 08:25 AM
I flipped mine over (intuos 3) because it developed some small pits/rough-spots where the pen would get stuck, very annoying. After I removed it I was surprised to find so much dirt underneath. I just cleaned it, flipped it, and it's all good.

Philbert
10-31-2011, 08:43 AM
I'm surprised to hear about dirt, mine is a little dirty on top but under the sheet was like new.

The Graphire has something like it too but it's a clear hard plastic cover that clips over the whole unit.

gerry_g
10-31-2011, 10:41 AM
Apparently they figured that one out. My Intuos 4 has no cover sheet. just a solid surface.

Yeah my (Intuos 4) A4 one doesn't either but my A2 (4) one does, note way more difficult to flip an Intuos 4 cover sheet as it has a black band top and bottom on the reverse side and a far rougher feel to the surface, the bald spot never worries me, always replace them eventually.