PDA

View Full Version : Is there any cheap camera tracking software somewhere ?

robinson
10-14-2003, 07:27 PM
Some of you guys know any good free “or cheap” camera tracking tool ?

Looks like I need a tool like that pretty soon.
Boujou, MatchMover and Icarus (now commercial) are a little bid to expensive for me.

There is this also this Voodoo Camera Tracker, but still in development, no camera movements so far, just rotation.

http://www.digilab.uni-hannover.de/docs/manual.html#download

Thanks for help:)

Mylenium
10-14-2003, 11:10 PM
Well, you won't have much luck there. Due to the complexity of such things you cannot expect programs to be cheap - after all, ICARUS was only free 'cos the programmers were fostered by the university. If it's a still camera, your best guess might be FI's free camera match or the plugin from one of the Worley collection (I think it was Polk).

Mylenium

robinson
10-14-2003, 11:33 PM
Thanks Mylenium,

that’s what I thought. :(

You are right there is a camera matcher in Worley taft, yes I never know which one is taft and polk either.
You or anybody else knows how good this matcher is ?

I will download the Voodoo Camera Tracker and give it a test.

EDIT: Forget this test just 3ds max and soft in a** (softimage) export gight now.:mad:

Titus
10-15-2003, 12:08 AM
I contacted the people at digilab, they don't want to talk about the further development of voodoo, I feel it will have the same destiny as Icarus, don't expect to be free in the future.

tektonik
10-16-2003, 12:09 PM
scene genie for 3dsmax is good and relatively cheap for a real pro tool...

wish it worked for LW...

cresshead
10-16-2003, 06:06 PM
scene genie...yeah max does have it's uses...they even have a slow n dirty camera tracker built into 3dsmax...it does work but take a bit of setting up...i think it came in with 3dsmax2.5

other than that there was something with aura and lightwave..some sort of motion capture tacking thing a while back...anyone with a linke to that??

steve g

tasmanian
10-17-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by cresshead
...other than that there was something with aura and lightwave..some sort of motion capture tacking thing a while back...anyone with a linke to that??

steve g

Aura pixel tracking to lightwave (http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/aura/pixeltracking_export/pixeltracking_export.html)

Does this help ?:)