PDA

View Full Version : iVGA input selection

JNielsen
10-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Like many other I sometimes need to bring in a remote speaker by using Skype or similar.
I prefer the iVGA method for doing this. But is it possible to just select a region of the screen as input (or to select a capturing device), rather than having to blow up the video window to full screen?
I cannot find it in the version I have (v1.32).

Or are there any other utilities available, that can send a video signal to the TriCaster?

Lee-AVP
10-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Depending on the Tricaster you have, you could crop and scale using a virtual input.

joseburgos
10-31-2011, 08:30 AM
And if you don't have a XD TriCaster, you can do this via a LiveSet or...
Go to the iVGA setting on the computer running iVGA. Change the setting to zoom and then turn off mouse pointer. Now watching the iVGA input on the TriCaster, move the mouse till the section of the screen is where you want it and as large as you want it. You can change the zoom level for even larger screen viewing.
This is not a perfect solution but it does work on a lot of desktop screens and works great for training videos.

Take care,

joseburgos
10-31-2011, 08:34 AM
Note: If its Skype, for example, unplug the mouse so that it is not bumped and the whole screen moves off frame. I normally like to unplug the mouse so that it stay full screen with no menus showing. I do this with Skype regardless of the model TriCaster, unplug mouse that is.