PDA

View Full Version : Very slow SE2 after update in 850

abcwille
10-29-2011, 06:35 AM
Updating to rev 3d went just fine. Everything is working normal, but when I use SE2, everything is slow. Just to drag the recorded clip down to the timeline is slow.

And if I try to do one than one thing at a time, it crashes.

Could it be that my SE2 is out of date.

I cant see any new update in the update sektion. It says that my Tricaster is up to date.

Thomas

SBowie
10-29-2011, 07:03 AM
Could it be that my SE2 is out of date.No, I don't think that's likely.

Are you noticing a marked difference from prior performance, or has it always been this way? Which model of TriCaster do you have? What sort of files are you experiencing trouble with (are these MPEG-2 files recorded on the the TriCaster, or something else)? After updating, have you installed any other 'non-NewTek' updates or software (such as a graphics card driver, for example)? Have you tried rolling back (TriCaster Restore) followed by re-updating?

abcwille
10-30-2011, 01:38 AM
It is the TC 850

It is the same TC mpeg-recorded clip I edit in SE2.

There is a big diffence in performance in SE2 after I did the update.

No, I have not installed anything before or after the update.
I am not to kean with rolling back and do a update again, as I have to make a full backup of my virtuel studios, and spend a lot of time with that.
I use the TC every day.

But that could be the case, I sense :-)

Thomas

SBowie
10-30-2011, 05:53 AM
You could try resetting the SE configs first, I suppose. I'm not at my machine right now, but there's a script in the SE folder to do that.

abcwille
10-30-2011, 06:01 AM
Ok, I will try this tomorrow

Thomas

tmac61
11-02-2011, 10:58 AM
I am having the same problem on a tcxd 300 just did a restore and updated to latest version yesterday. now SE is slow slow slow, what do i reset the SE config to?

SBowie
11-02-2011, 11:03 AM
I am having the same problem on a tcxd 300 just did a restore and updated to latest version yesterday. now SE is slow slow slow, what do i reset the SE config to?In my C:\TrCaster\Bin32\SpeedEDIT folder, there is a batch file named "Oops I meesed up my configs.bat" (someone has a sense of humour). That's the one you want. Exit to the Windows desktop and run it. No promises it will help, but can't hurt to try. If this doesn't help, there may be a bug.

tmac61
11-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Thanks again Steve I will try that.

tmac61
11-02-2011, 11:12 AM
It looks like that helped!

SBowie
11-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Cool! (Please update us later if the problem reappears, though.)

Knite20
11-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Steve,
I'm also troubleshooting an 850. I found my SE to be slow and previous to rev3d we could watch our edits on the HDMI monitor. Now we can't.
It also has been rendering files with the first 25 sec of audio silenced. On the line in SE they look and play fine.
We just barely restored the C drive and updated the 850. (This fixed our crashing hanging LIVE shows...) but it has seemed to squash our SE usage.

I tried to run this "oops I messed up" file. But each command line returns "could not find..." so essentially nothing happens.
drew

SBowie
11-02-2011, 12:42 PM
We just barely restored the C drive and updated the 850.Hi Drew - just "barely"? Maybe you meant "recently"? Or was there some problem with the restore process?

Knite20
11-02-2011, 01:35 PM
touche! Yes I meant recently. We restored things less than 48 hours ago.
Again the Live portion is back to functioning properly...but SE is now having problems.
Should I restore again?

SBowie
11-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Should I restore again?I don't know what difference it might make, but it does sound a bit like something misfired, doesn't it? At least this way, you can assure Tech Support you've already done that (twice).

Knite20
11-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Thanks Steve, I'll give it a go. Again. :)

abcwille
11-04-2011, 06:41 AM
Hi again

I did the same as Knite20 with the Ooops bat-file, and each command line returns "could not find..." Just as Knite20 described.

So what to do ?

How do I report this

Thanks
Thomas

SBowie
11-04-2011, 06:55 AM
I did the same as Knite20 with the Ooops bat-file, and each command line returns "could not find..." Just as Knite20 described.I suspect that if you have done a restore, which overwrites your C drive, and have not already created at least one SE project, there may be no SE config files to reset.

Can you list the problems you're seeing in SE after the rev 3d update?

abcwille
11-04-2011, 08:01 AM
Hi Steve

I was a bit prematur.

It actully did a reset of the SE 2 and it seams a lot faster than before.

I will give it a test run and come back with an update.

Thomas

tmac61
11-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Well at first it looked like restoring the config file helped, SE has gotten worse every cut I make now has missing audio for several seconds, I did another restore and same thing. On the phone now waiting for Tech support will update later.

abcwille
11-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Hi again

After some testing in SE 2 I think it has improved a lot with the resetting, but it is still not the same as before the update to 3d.

I did not make a full restore of the TC but some day I will, to see if I get back to the good old days :-)

Thomas