PDA

View Full Version : Can you edit photos in Lightwave?

Airwaves
10-28-2011, 04:20 PM
I am brand new to lightwave and was wondering if you can edit photos in lightwave? I know there are tons of other programs that you can do it in but was just wondering if you can do it in lightwave. Thanks

nickdigital
10-28-2011, 04:38 PM
You can adjust some stuff in the Image Editor (brightness, contrast, stuff like that).

You can't crop an image. If you have your image mapped to a poly you could rotate it and stuff...but that's more animating than image editing.

Airwaves
10-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Silkrooster
10-28-2011, 10:07 PM
You can't crop an image. If you have your image mapped to a poly you could rotate it and stuff...but that's more animating than image editing.

Not quite true. Create a flat poly, apply an image to it. In the surface editor, hit the automatic sizing to fill the poly. scale the poly smaller than the image and move the poly. In this instance, you can crop the image and decide on what part of the image will show. The remaining portion of the image is still there, so this is a non-destructive crop.
If for some reason you need the poly to be a certain size, you can change the size and position of the image in the surface editor.

Airwaves
10-28-2011, 10:29 PM
Thank you for that info. I was just wanting to put my head on the body of another image as a joke. I actually think that could work. Thanks