PDA

View Full Version : Support for animated short

jem-P8
10-28-2011, 04:05 PM
"Sancho: DEAD GIRL’S EYE” An Animated Western Short

www.pixeleight.org

Phoenix, AZ / October 18, 2011 – "Sancho: Dead Girl’s Eye" is a short animated film depicting an old west bounty hunter that plays both sides of the law with little regard for others. But at the end of the story he begins to have a change of heart after his indirect actions end up costing other people their lives. The subject matter is deeply dramatic and portrayed in a unique fashion.

Funding for this Independent Project is being generated through
www.kickstarter.com
This unique website allows anyone with access to the web, a chance to make donations and receive a variety of rewards. Anyone who contributes to the project will receive access to the Sancho website and a digital download of the finished short film.

Those that contribute more on the various levels will receive scripts, digital media, signed art books, DVDs (with a behind the scenes featurette and other info) various project-related downloads to use for backgrounds on desktop or mobile devices, and items such as posters and creative materials. Producer credits and other unique opportunities will also be available such as a trail ride with the creators of the film.

The goal of this project is to raise funds to hire vocal talent, musicians, animators, and materials to complete the short film in a four month time frame. Additional concept art is also needed for multiple characters, horses, and weapons all of which will need to be modeled in 3D. Once completed we will then present it to our Kickstarter investors, as well as using the feedback to gauge further interest in moving forward with a feature-length story and other animated projects.

Please check out
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1074369226/sancho-dead-girls-eye

Jeremy Totel is a 14 year professional in the computer animation industry. Throughout his career he has been an instrumental part of numerous productions that have helped shape the CG landscape both in film and television. With credits such as Jimmy Neutron (Oscar-Nominated animated film), The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron series, The New Adventures of Captain Scarlet, Max Steel, Roughnecks: The Starship Troopers Chronicles, and Dan Dare, Jeremy embraces the challenges and opportunities in CG. His company is Pixel Eight Animation LLC.

Neil Atwood is a 20 year military veteran embarking on a second career in the entertainment arena. As a natural storyteller, Neil has developed numerous diverse titles. As a longtime fan of movies, comic books, novels, and animation, Mr. Atwood also applies serious study and dedication to the craft of telling tales. Neil has worked with numerous illustrators and graphic designers to craft a fascinating catalogue of stories set in a variety of media. His company is called Allied Media Productions LLC

Additionally Lightwave, Modo, and AfterEffects are being used for the creation of the animated short.

OnlineRender
10-28-2011, 06:20 PM
very cool even the production pre-video is well constructed ...honestly mate If I had cash I would donate...........30k is a big ask in that time frame and I wish you all the best ....

jem-P8
10-29-2011, 03:16 PM
I agree, but Kickstarter.com limits the funding cycles to 60days max. I was hoping to go till mid january to give folks enough time to commit.

30k is a big haul as well, but i do not believe in asking other artist to work on something for free.

rapscallion
11-01-2011, 12:42 PM
...but i do not believe in asking other artist to work on something for free.

Agreed.

Even if it is something small, people should be paid for their effort. Too many times we see things proposed as 'collaborations' or 'contests', when we all know that behind it stands one person or group that will gain the most in some way from that hard work without having to pay for it or work for it themselves. Paying is a sign of respect for the knowledge and time committed, even when the amount isn't as much as you might like to offer. Additionally, when work is being paid for, it shows a sense of confidence on the part of the instigator of the project which can inspire the artists who are being asked to contribute - but if the person or group behind the project is standing with a hand out and nothing to lose, it is like saying 'my project is worth nothing to me, but I'd still like you to give it all you've got'.

Good luck with this.

VonBon
11-01-2011, 12:57 PM
I think artist should start to work together on projects for FREE,
just get the paper work in order as far as whats what when
money is made.

we have no problem letting producers take all the money, we should
take the risk for ourselves and reap the benifits.

jem-P8
11-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Rapscallion,
Thanks for elaborating on that so well for me.
Even though I enjoy discussion, i am visual person, and sometimes do not say point clearly that i am trying to make.
With that said the project is still looking for funding as our end date is fast approaching. Ive also been posting updates for it, and today and broke down a little what the 30k funding goal will be used for.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1074369226/sancho-dead-girls-eye

Surrealist.
11-09-2011, 02:47 AM
Looks like you guys put a lot of work into it. Good luck!