http://www.trustmedia.tv/:thumbsup:

archijam
10-28-2011, 01:20 AM
The most 2D, 3D website I have ever seen .. congrats! :thumbsup:

probiner
10-28-2011, 01:43 AM
X, Y, t so i guess it works out :D

What's that trust thing in the end? 0_0
I think a product centric website would be better than a philosophic one that draws no reasonable line to what you offer with your services. Trust is earned through results, I guess.

Good Luck

wrightyp100
10-28-2011, 01:53 AM
er...

Shawn Farrell
10-28-2011, 07:10 AM
I re-made my website as a project for college Philosophy of Arts class and Web Design degree to show off my artsy skills. Your right tho, their needs to be an quick access portal to the corporate content. Coming Soon...IN 3D!!!:thumbsup:

Shawn Farrell
10-28-2011, 01:54 PM
about 9 minutes in....:newtek::newtek::newtek::newtek::newtek::new tek::newtek::newtek::newtek::newtek::newtek:

50one
10-28-2011, 02:38 PM
OK, so...I clicked, waited few seconds and please explain me what is it?Cause if you want to web designer there is a huge room for improvement there:)

Best regards,
Simon

OnlineRender
10-28-2011, 03:05 PM
Shawn I find it a difficult site to look at ,firstly how did you make ?

take it from my perspective , it looks like one huge swf file with html code forced over the top , there is no content or did i miss that ? also you have your logo , look at the borders around the logo when the . tv flashed up , which means you ripped from your old site and never bothered to remake it ..>"bad"

so lets ignore that ....... the text jitters , probably bad motion tweening , I nearly took an epileptic fit watching it .

look at the aa on the images its pixiled heavy style , is that what you want your company to portray as ?

music is awesome though ....

start again , make a web default size , and dont over stretched they images , I would suggest after effects for this kinda thing , and pick the pace up on the video.

Dexter2999
10-28-2011, 03:29 PM
about 9 minutes in....

This in itself is an issue.

OnlineRender
10-28-2011, 03:34 PM
This in itself is an issue.

agreed drop it down to 90 seconds and have high quality material rather than 9 minutes of duff ........................

btw I would not class font types as art ... esp in web design ,well not in that manner .

says him that the website is suspended because he is broke LOL!

KurtF
10-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Jesus that was loud. I turned my speakers off within half a second! Doesn't anybody have a standard level to use as NORMAL?

speismonqui
10-28-2011, 05:57 PM
a mute button would be great.

btw, I don't get this threat... 3D? where?

xxiii
10-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Jesus that was loud. I turned my speakers off within half a second! Doesn't anybody have a standard level to use as NORMAL?

THX could start certifying websites, but until then the answer is no, unfortunately.

Shawn Farrell
10-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Especially with the smart kids like you my friends, this whole www.trustmedia.tv is different thing got outta hand but I still think it's cool...and educational...and loud!:newtek:

Shawn Farrell
10-28-2011, 10:29 PM
http://trustmedia.tv/SONARONFIRE.jpg

Shawn Farrell
10-29-2011, 06:38 AM
http://www.trustmedia.tv/WordsfromMyHead.jpg
:newtek:

Shawn Farrell
10-29-2011, 06:41 AM
http://www.trustmedia.tv/ShawninStudio.jpg

Multi-Media Guru Meditation Error....

UnCommonGrafx
10-29-2011, 07:28 AM
Shawn,
Do you want feedback or is this just for "in your face" time?

Sound: You've ruined the 'trust', immediately, with such an affront to the aural senses.
Patience: To 'trust' you to give me an efficient graphic is not evident with the long, and without substance intro you have as your demo.

3D: SouthPark was made in Maya -- who talked about its 3d-ness? 3D is an over-used marketing buzzword. Don't get caught up in the hype trying to sell the hype.

You are brave in sharing this with us. I don't like it and I would always counsel person's away from bad business names that will push clients away. Yours is one. 'Trust', in a company name, spells disaster. Generally.

I have a degree in philosophy and religious studies. Cool stuff.

Shawn Farrell
10-29-2011, 07:36 AM
No this is serious to me, at this time in my life...I'm 39 and back in school for multi-media/web design & JAVA programming can you TRUST me to do what all the rules have always said and almost everyone follows...no, but then again I would never hurt you.

The website will eventually takeshape as a hybrid between this cinema arte no truste' and a real functioning show off my capabilities website. I'm a musician so the I'm letting the music dictate the site right now and that is very different and FOR NOW cool.

Thanks for putting up with me! I'm having fun!

Shawn Farrell
10-29-2011, 07:38 AM
http://www.trustmedia.tv/arabic

Something else I'm working on...more good music!:newtek:

Shawn Farrell
10-29-2011, 07:39 AM
X Dimension Y Dimension Sound Dimension = 3D

Dexter2999
10-30-2011, 12:41 AM
Shawn

I envy your ability with music. I envy your gear. I even envy the fact that you are willing to move in a new direction at this point in your life (I think that would scare the beejeezus out of me)

But this just doesn't reflect well on you as a professional overall.

First let's look at the running time. Over nine minutes? Is that what you indicated? Think of the internet as TV for people with ADHD. 30 seconds to get to the point is FOREVER in internet years!

But a thirty second sound loop is insane. So, you will need to separate them out. A site with music will usually offer a mute option. Some people just don't want music playing and attracting attention to what they are looking at on the computer at work.

People will also jump to said mute switch if the music is loud. So keep an eye on volume settings.

The 2D graphic elements look very much like something you could generate with AfterEffects with no 3D package required.

I know we are probably going to look at this differently. You are coming at this from a Multi-media standpoint. I come at this from a film school standpoint. If you look at 3D from a film standpoint it already sort of is multimedia a some ways.

Good 3D will have an interesting design. Including typography, beveling and rounding of said text, color and texture all of these things can play a roll (or none at all)
Good 3D will have good/appropriate lighting.
Good 3D will have good camera placement and movement when necessary.
Good 3D should have a "wow" factor. It doesn't have to be a big one but it should have one to make it stand apart from static 2D imagery.
Good 3D should capture the viewers attention and interest them.
Good 3D has color like painting, texture and form like sculpture, lighting like theatre, camera placment like film/photography...you see it sort of already approaches all mediums at once. Although many think multi media is sound and video....gee, that sounds hard. (sarcasm)

Show your work to someone who you know will be brutally honest with you. Watch them as they watch your work. Are they studying the scene? Do you see their eyes looking around taking everything in? Are they leaning into the scene or away? If someone is leaning back with a sort of stare they probably aren't thinking "what's next?" but rather "when's this over?"

Going into Multimedia is great. Lots of cool toys. Lots of software to learn. But you still need to keep your fundamentals in there as well like color theory, composition, pacing (for editing), and more.

You can do better, Sir. Keep at it.

Shawn Farrell
10-30-2011, 01:27 AM
Eventually the "TRUST" multi-lingual part should be the length of the song and have as many languages as I can pack in there...and a "Jump to next" button. Posssibly a mute button. I kinda like the "rasterization" it's primal and unrefined...like me.:devil::newtek::devil:

http://www.trustmedia.tv/tweak.jpg

Dexter2999
10-30-2011, 06:57 AM
Okay you are set on the rasterized text. But if that is what you want then why not embrace it even moreso? Roughness of texture. Your backdrop is smooth. Why not have it be rough as well?

Instead of having each element on the screen one after the other, why not at the same time? Different parts of the screen. Different scale. Different opacity.

Here is something I stumbled across on my own in my years of making convention logo graphics for the company I work for, try for four layers.
Think of the layers of your composite like you do your music. It isn't one instument at a time. They play together and each has it's roll. Then think of your opacity like you would your fader control. Which element takes the "lead"? Bring the others Which element takes the "lead"? Bring the others back.

I'm sorry if I am saying things you don't want to hear. None of it is intended to be hurtful or cruel. I just don't think being easy on you is helping you in the long run.

Rayek
10-30-2011, 03:26 PM
My thoughts:

1) stay away from Flash if you can - except perhaps for licensed/protected videos, or real-time 3d. Spend some time in html5/css3/javascript. Scirra's Construct can help you create html 5 animations without resorting to Flash and programming.

2) my first thought was: this is not a website. It's a Flash video. And a bad one at that. (sorry, just thinking as a potential client). Also WAY TOO SLOW. I concur with a previous poster: think adhd when dealing with visitors. Things must be interesting within a couple of seconds.

3) where's the content?

4) the animation is atrocious (sorry) - learn more about proper animation techniques, easing in and out, spacing and timing. I know it's hard to get this right, especially when you are editing video for the first time - scrubbing the timeline only will only throw off your timing. Preview, preview, preview. With all the movies and tv series you have watched, your brain already knows how to 'read' the current film language. If something feels too slow - it definitely is. And cut, cut, cut - bare bones content. And cut some more after that.

5) visual design is lacking a lot as well - get a good book on typography, general design principles, grids, color theory, and motion graphics design, as well as learn more about editing. And usability/HCI (human computer interaction).

6) often "less is more" - why are you trying to pack all those languages in an intro movie? Why have an intro page at all? This is no longer the beginning of the nineties. Rather, provide your web content in all those languages. Provide real, interesting content.

7) use what you know about music editing, and apply that knowledge to the visual realm

I like to think in levels of visual interest, with 0 being a blank piece of paper, and level 5/6 a finished design where subtracting or adding an element will break it. Yours is at level 2. It requires a lot of work and re-thinking.

However, keep following your passion, keep improving your design skills! And have fun!

Ryan Roye
10-30-2011, 05:02 PM
I find it better to be a receptive developer and absorb commentary for everything that its worth, be it positive or negative and use it to improve what you do.

If you turn away all the devil's advocates and bluntly honest people, what statement does that make about your willingness to refine and build on your skills?

Really, I believe this is a troll thread but I'd like to be proven otherwise.

jasonwestmas
10-30-2011, 08:04 PM
You make money with this?

kadri
10-30-2011, 09:26 PM
This site could be useful maybe . I mean it in a good way with no sarcasm. Look at the "Web Design Mistakes" under the "Bad Web Design" menu above.

http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/

Shawn Farrell
10-31-2011, 12:57 PM
That's when you do that.:newtek:

Shawn Farrell
11-08-2011, 12:48 PM
It's growing on me!