PDA

View Full Version : OT: Helmet cams

Hopper
10-26-2011, 09:25 PM
I bought a Contour VholdR 1080p a couple of years back and thought it was the shiznit... I think I might have to upgrade.

Say what you like about consumer grade cams, but this thing is truly impressive. Gotta love technology.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUEZCxBcM78

Note the incredible slow-mo abilities of this thing (3:06) and my favorite part...4:19 ... .. Kirby Chambliss does a Lomcevak maneuver out of a roll and it's just awesome. My father did that move with me in his Glassair II once and it's the only time I ever puked in a plane... he wasn't pleased... :tsktsk:

alexs3d
10-27-2011, 01:17 AM
yes , the gopro is an awesome camera, we also have one for some parcour and freerunning action :) great quality, very robust and a lot of fun ...

wibly wobly
10-27-2011, 04:55 PM
I have a GoPro HD and I really like it but, it also makes me cry. The bitrate just isn't there and there's no latitude in the footage. I know it's only $300 (got it almost 2 years ago) and that you can't expect much from something in that price range but, it still makes me cry when I edit with it. I'll probably pick up the new one sometime next year. I still haven't seen what kind of bitrate the new one can record at but, it does look a lot sharper and retains much more detail then the older one. They certainly seem to be the best camera on the market in it's price range and that impact resistant case is the bomb.