PDA

View Full Version : Snap

Karius
03-02-2003, 06:54 AM
I want snap to points in modeller!!!!! :D

hrgiger
03-02-2003, 09:11 AM
Well, we already have snap in modeler, just hit 'd' and go to the units tab.

But maybe you're talking about snapping to the actual points. I'm not sure if we can already do this but one way you can do it is to first select the point you want to snap and then select the point you want to snap to and use ctrl+W to weld them. Then just select the new point and hit unweld.

Karius
03-02-2003, 11:46 AM
Heh.. I know about the snap to grid function and ctrl+W :D ... But, I mean, the real snapping to points would be really nice in 8.0 :D

DaveW
03-02-2003, 01:11 PM
Like the snap tool that is already in Modeler? Look in the modify tab under Drag tool.

Karius
03-02-2003, 01:37 PM
!! sorry guys :p

Chris S. (Fez)
03-03-2003, 06:25 PM
It would be nice if we could toggle Snaps during spline and polygon creation. Or can we already?

Matt
03-04-2003, 12:45 PM
LMAO!

Call that a snap tool! Laughable, almost totally useless.

No, can we have a PROPER set of snap tools in the next release please.

If you have no idea how it should work look at how they've done it on FormZ, almost every snap imaginable AND you can change it at ANY time during the creation process, mid-tool, the lot.

THAT'S a snap tool, the one we have IS a TOOLS idea of a snap tool!

:P

Karius
03-04-2003, 01:15 PM
yep, ok . I was actually talking about a rhino-like snap tool.
Yes, I've never used the built-in Snap but I don't regret it now lol.

sorry for bad english
:D

tburbage
03-04-2003, 11:07 PM
Yes, Rhino has the best set of snapping tools I've ever seen. I doubt if we'll ever see that in LW although I also wish very much that Stuart had thought that was important when designing the main workflow of Modeler.

It just has a different paradigm, which works well once you go with the flow of it.

Although they are not interactive in the way Rhino's are, PICTRIX has a number of shareware plugins/LScripts which help fill the point and in many cases curve based alignment holes in LWs feature set. (See Flay)