PDA

View Full Version : Rain clone prob

nightrider
10-25-2011, 08:18 AM
I have folow this video about thread
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/movies/w3dw/tread.mov

I have try to folow this to Rain clone here I have issus I cant get the object to folow the line I create my vers of lg are 10.1
I dont se how and where I do wrong but all my pices are split out and not to the line how shuld this work ?

Dexter2999
10-25-2011, 10:17 AM
Did you follow the part where he selected the center point on the spline and moved it with the tread? Because if you don't move that start point the second rail clone will be effed up. It's almost like it is using that center point on the spline as an offset.

Good Luck

nightrider
10-25-2011, 11:07 AM
I have folow this exatly now 8 times and this dont work to lg 10.1 I cant se why this dont work if he has do that with lg so that shuld work here to ??
hope some one can responde to this and point how this shuld work with lg 10.1 win 64 bequse this dont work :(

nightrider
10-26-2011, 01:03 AM
I have found solution for this now and this works for me :)

Locate the first point in your spline path, copy it, and paste it to another layer.
In this new layer, select the point and press "p" to make it a one-point polygon.
With the original spline in the background and the one-point polygon in the foreground, perform a rail extrude. Be sure to set the Segments to "Uniform Lengths" and give it a pretty good number of segments (values of 40 or above seem to work well). You should now have a number of connected two-point polygons with their points evenly spaced around the contour of the original spline. Kill these polygons and select the naked points in forward order (i.e. in the direction that the treads will be moving) around the perimeter. I would strongly suggest making the start point somewhere along the flat portion along the top (the reason for this will become apparent later). With these points selected in-order, create a new closed spline.
Link to the other tutorailes about tank
http://www.premdesign.com/rel_tuts/tank_tutorial.htm