PDA

View Full Version : Can You Help Me With My Jetpack Particles?

Michael Lizak
10-24-2011, 03:48 PM
I have this spaceman with a rocket on his back. I would like the rocket thrust particles to be at the same angle as the rocket but I can't get it. Appreciate the help. Have attached the files. Thanks!

nickdigital
10-24-2011, 07:33 PM
I haven't opened the scene but I'm assuming you need to add a velocity to the particles in the direction of the flame coming out of your jetpack.

10-25-2011, 07:40 AM
Good idea to set it up before you expect it to work.
Particals have to be emmited with a velocity. not a % of a 0 velocity.
They are from the jet pack which is pointing down so a -ve velocity in the Y direction. They have to inherit velocity from the emmiter so that they sort of seem to be coming from it. you have to move the bloke around not the camera if you want him to leave a trail of smoke & flame.
& what were all those keyframes about - keep it simple & get it to work !
only takes one null with 2 keyframes to move a bloke round in a circle!

Michael Lizak
10-25-2011, 08:36 AM
Good idea to set it up before you expect it to work. - keep it simple & get it to work !

I know, I know, I'm lame. 3D animation is probably about 20% of graphics work I do, so I have a lot to learn. In an effort not to spend another 2 hours trying to get this to work, I uploaded my files at the end of the day hoping to get some help by morning. I do really appreciate you checking out my files & sharing your expertise.

Michael Lizak
10-25-2011, 08:38 AM
I haven't opened the scene but I'm assuming you need to add a velocity to the particles in the direction of the flame coming out of your jetpack.

Thanks for your help!