PDA

View Full Version : restaurant concept study

ch.schrul
10-24-2011, 03:06 PM
hi all!

i've just finished these quick renders of a concept study for my girlfriend. she finishes her further education to an architect next summer and these images represent her latest semester work.

just in case someone is interested on the scene stats :)
- 14 million polys
- 80 materials
- 886 objects
- rendertimes (fryrender v1.5) for each shot (3'500 pixels wide): 9 hours on three i7 2600 and two w5580 cpu's

cheers,
chris

pauland
10-24-2011, 04:45 PM
She must be delighted with those renders. I think the bar stool seats could match the sofas.

ch.schrul
10-25-2011, 12:39 AM
She must be delighted with those renders. I think the bar stool seats could match the sofas.

:D very good point with the bar stool! thanks!

chris

Exception
10-29-2011, 02:19 PM
Great job on this! good lighting and texturing.. makes all the difference.

If there was anything at all, I'd say the flowerpot doesn't match the rest of the scene much in color and shape, and the back of the room with the chairs looks a bit dark. Great work!

ch.schrul
10-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Great job on this! good lighting and texturing.. makes all the difference.

If there was anything at all, I'd say the flowerpot doesn't match the rest of the scene much in color and shape, and the back of the room with the chairs looks a bit dark. Great work!

Thank you, Exception!

Lighting was nothing special. It's pure Fry- Magic... :) I have to say the lightmixer feature is for such projects just perfect.

I have to agree with your comment on the flowerpot.

Well, the room in the back should show the second part of this restaurant. There is a stage for live acts and such things. And we wanted to show how the whole room could be divided into two sections only with lighting. In the first concept there was a huge movable wall to seperate the two sections. But it looked horrible. And that's why we turned off all lights in the background - only for seperation.

Chris