PDA

View Full Version : Can't Do Boolean In Modeler 10.1

daz1761
10-24-2011, 02:52 PM
I am using LW 10.1 for the mac and i have done 2 low poly models this evening and for some reason the boolean subtract (not speed boolean) and other modes are completely gone haywire :(

Its just not working properly at all and its playing hell with my models, is this a new 10.1 bug or is it just me?

Thanks

Andy Meyer
10-24-2011, 03:47 PM
are there 1 or 2 point polys? get rid of them.
merge points. free floating polys are not good for bool.

have you tried with 9.6?
some beta releases before the gold master 10.1 had broken bools. you have the latest release, right?

RudySchneider
10-24-2011, 03:48 PM
Booleans have always worked OK for me in 10.1. It's possible your lightwave config files are corrupted, in which case deleting them may resolve the issue.

Is it just booleans than have gone wonky?

wrench
10-24-2011, 04:45 PM
Please show us images of the trouble you are having, words alone aren't cutting it.

B

daz1761
10-25-2011, 04:07 PM
Booleans have always worked OK for me in 10.1. It's possible your lightwave config files are corrupted, in which case deleting them may resolve the issue.

Is it just booleans than have gone wonky?

Thanks guys

Erm, well I have just made a simple box and did a boolean subtract right through the box with a disc and it seems fine

The object I was trying to boolean was a model ipad had subpatching at the rear to make it smooth, but the front was not subpatched but that was the side that was playing up and also when i started hiding polygons to single out something further along the line, I found hundreds of points just sat there doing nothing behind the poly i was trying to boolean.

Next time I will post an image if I have the same problem as its past tense as i managed to finish the model :)

I was just wondering what and where these config files would be if something like that needs doing?

Thanks!