PDA

View Full Version : Remove - Crash - Remove - Crash

JBT27
10-24-2011, 09:16 AM
Such is today ... it just happens I'm amending a scene and removing objects from it, objects in the tens of thousands of polys.

So, the minus key, or the menu in Scene Editor - either way, remove an object or two, fine - try again, and Layout hangs ... restart, remove another - fine - then another, and it hangs again.

This from a scene of around 5.8 million polys, but now down to about 3.6 million. Still hanging.

Has anyone had this from Layout? Any ideas what it is? LW can be very flakey, but this is unusually rubbish ...

Thanks.

Julian.

BigHache
10-24-2011, 09:27 AM
For kicks, have you tried loading items from that scene to a new scene or what that upset your world too much? It may help to load only those items you need this way instead of deleting what you don't want. Worth a shot?

JBT27
10-24-2011, 09:34 AM
For kicks, have you tried loading items from that scene to a new scene or what that upset your world too much? It may help to load only those items you need this way instead of deleting what you don't want. Worth a shot?

Good call ... nope, as I live in a near permanent state of upset, I doubt that would do much to push me over the edge ... :D

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Julian.

wrench
10-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Hey Julian,

The other thing you can try is to edit your scene file in Notepad (other text editors are available). You need to pick out lines that start LoadObjectLayer and delete down to the next LoadObjectLayer.

It'll go faster than using Layout to do the same job.

B

JBT27
10-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Hey Julian,

The other thing you can try is to edit your scene file in Notepad (other text editors are available). You need to pick out lines that start LoadObjectLayer and delete down to the next LoadObjectLayer.

It'll go faster than using Layout to do the same job.

B

Oh yes! Thank you. That would be quick and alot less prone to fall over ... probably! Great - thanks.

Julian.

BigHache
10-24-2011, 04:05 PM

Good tip, thank you.