PDA

View Full Version : Great Plug-Ins you might not know about : Transmotion Utilities

Stranahan
10-14-2003, 12:34 PM
I've been doing some R&D, working with Digital Fusion / DFX+, After Effects, and Particle Illusion with LightWave.

Even if you don't own a compositing program, please read on.

I'm going to post more material about this stuff in the form of video tutorials and some of it on my web pages, but I wanted to make sure everyone was aware of a totally great set of utilities that are both amazingly affordable and a must-have if you're doing LightWave / compositing work....

It's Al Street's Transmotion Utilities...a set of plugs to allow you to transfer motion and envelope data between LW and other apps. And they are $25!!!

http://www.ats-3d.com/

His page has some GREAT tutorials, too - including a clever one on doing motion tracking using a demo of Digital Fusion. So even if you don't own a compositor, you owe it to yourself to visit the site.

I have created a .tab file for his plugs (to work with Interface Builder) and I'll post it here soon.

TyVole
10-14-2003, 12:41 PM
I once saw a tutorial on how to add motion tracking to AE by using these utilities, DF demo, and LightWave DE.

Stranahan
10-14-2003, 07:08 PM
Here's a preview of the .tab file for TMP..