PDA

View Full Version : Getting info from a shader node

Goumba Tony
10-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Hey,

I was curious how I could get various info based on the color output of a shader node, i.e. the brightest color, an average, and possibly the darkest color. I was looking around in my nodes (LW 10, db&w & dpont) and saw nothing obvious.

TIA

Goumba Tony
10-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Ok, I think I had the whole shader idea wrong, because it does not have any idea of scene light color, etc.

Basically, I have a cel shaded node network, of course its plugged into the "Diffuse Shading" input of the Material (screen cap not possible now, but similar to others here using Lambert as input to a gradient). Now, light, etc gets ignored, obviously. If I use an object in two scenes with different light set ups, well, it doesn't look right.

So what can I do to get this network to consider light color and intensity? It would be nice, as an object would be used in multiple scenes, if I can avoid using light info as that (or possibly many such) nodes would have to be changed for each scene.

Or is there no easy way?

TIA

gerardstrada
10-30-2011, 06:11 PM
You might want to try your cel shaded node network in DP Image Filter Node Editor instead of Surface Node Editor.

http://imagic.ddgenvivo.tv/forums/FNE/NPR/simba.gif

Gerardo