PDA

View Full Version : NewTek Customer Support

DrVideo
10-21-2011, 12:17 PM
This ties in to my comment about the awful on-hold music. I was on hold for an hour this morning calling the 1-800 number. I finally had enough and selected sales and got right to someone. I asked not to be put back in the "broken" on hold queue. She was polite and directed me to Rick Mendoza in Customer Support. Rick did an outstanding job of figuring out why my Lightwave 10 would not update my license key. It was a combination of my old purple dongle and not having the "lock ID" number. Rick is sending us a new dongle and showed me where to update the dongle drivers. I just want to publicly thank Mr. Mendoza for walking me through the process of my Lightwave 10 update.

I hope someone at NewTek reads this and fixes the endless phone tree loop.
Its very frustrating waiting endlessly for someone to come on the line.
At the least I should have some indication of the wait time or callers ahead of me. And please drop the cheesy tricaster music. I'd rather hear a voice over or silence.

Thanks,

DrVideo

SBowie
10-21-2011, 12:42 PM
I'd rather hear a voice over or silence.Please, anything but silence, even if it's not my type of music. Without anything at all, you are never sure the call has not been accidentally dropped.

jwiede
10-21-2011, 06:39 PM
Please, anything but silence, even if it's not my type of music.
The problem with the Tricaster "music" is the repetitiveness, both within the "song" and that it's the only song ever playing. Spending 10 minutes listening to ANY short song over and over again gets annoying, and it doesn't help that the volume's usually cranked up as well. Can't Newtek commission the guy to write a "Lightwave" song (emo/goth?) and a "SpeedEdit" song (funeral dirge)?

o/~ Tri-CASTER! Tri-CASTER! Tri...<bang><splat>

SBowie
10-21-2011, 07:57 PM
Spending 10 minutes listening to ANY short song over and over again gets annoying, and it doesn't help that the volume's usually cranked up as well.I truly think the worst is and endless loop of 'Raindrops Keep Fallin' on my Head', but otherwise I think you make some mighty fine points. :hey: