PDA

View Full Version : Advance animation

nightrider
10-21-2011, 02:43 AM
I have create this boom now to modeler and now Im going to animate all this pices.
that you can se to my img picture I have lott off stuf thats shuld be animated I have tray some differents option to lg but this are comfused
bequse I have onlu one timeliner and if I shuld create alll the nulls and other stuff for this that shuld be hard to get work.
for exempel bom 2b shuld be parent with bom 2 and cylinder 1 shuld be parent with bom 2b and cylinder 1b shuld be parent with the knee now whe have prob here bequse when you animate the bom all the pices that are parent to the bom shuld go with the bom when you move that and here the lg cant do all this.
Maby I have forgot something here but I have try and cant get nice animation are LG the right app do animate with or shuld whe use other app for this ??
thx for all the help and asnwer whe get to this

Andy Meyer
10-21-2011, 04:24 AM
split the objects into layers.
i would position and rotate all parts to their null-position with right pivot. (fixation point/axis on 0,0,0 coordinates). if you make your objects pointing to the Z+ axis, the targeting will work correct.

the process for the animations is like this:
bom2 = main part.
parent a null to bom2, call it "bom2_bom2b". position that null where bom2b is fixed to bom2.
now you can parent bom2b to bom2_bom2b null. you must adjust bom2b pivot point or add another null between bom2_bom2b and bom2b to position bom2b.
parent a new null to bom2b, call it "bom2b_cyl2b" and position it where cylinder2b is fixed to bom2b. then parent cylinder2b to bom2b_cyl2b.
back to bom2, parent a new null, call it "bom2_cyl2", place it where cylinder2 is fixed to bom2. parent cylinder2 to that null. now you can target cylinder2 to cylinder2b and target cylinder2b to cylinder2.
(if they point to Z+ axis in modeler, otherwise add null parent between for targeting)
... and so on.

if you need more help just post the object.

Builtdown
10-21-2011, 07:29 AM
Check this out :

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=122182

nightrider
10-21-2011, 07:45 AM
ohhh thx for this this whas very help ful to me :) now I understand better what I shuld do :)
But wow what work to animate digger bom now Im going to try to animate my band

nightrider
10-21-2011, 07:50 AM
I wonder if some one can help me out to animate this two bands bequse I have try now with chaine etc and cant get this to work out
thx for all the help I get to this :)

nickdigital
10-21-2011, 11:02 AM
I see that you've already looked into Chain Move. Have you looked into Vehicle Rigger?
http://walen.se/vehiclerigger/index.html

nightrider
10-21-2011, 11:04 AM
yes but I dont now if that work and I dont wont to spend more manny to something that dont work so I hope I can get help to this

nickdigital
10-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Did you see this tutorial?
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/movies/w3dw/tread.mov

nightrider
10-21-2011, 11:29 AM
yes that I have se and try but I cant get my band to work :( now I dont now how to fix this

nightrider
10-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Plz I shuld be very happy if some one can help me out with this rotation with the band bequse I stuck here now and cant get this to work.
I have tray every thing now and Im lost to this.