PDA

View Full Version : OT: Mac commercial showing the finer points of owning one



pixelmonk
10-14-2003, 09:26 AM
This was posted on the VT user group:

http://www.ancientspear.com/mac.wmv

Macoligists need not take any of it to heart.. unless of course you can indentify with it. :)

Either way... it's supposed to be humerous. That means this isn't meant to start a platform war.. just something to pass the time till we can kidnap Proton and have him tell us when L8 will be released.

Tronam
10-14-2003, 10:34 AM
Be careful with this... Mac users are notorious for not having a sense of humor about their platform. ;) Hopefully though, most people will realize that most of the things this guy is complaining about can be addressed by simply knowing how to configure OSX. :)

-Tronam

robinson
10-14-2003, 11:35 AM
I knew this Video already, but again ROFL. :D

Somebody should make a video like this about Lightwave.

robewil
10-14-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by robinson
Somebody should make a video like this about Lightwave.
Well, it's not a video but there is always this thread.
Lightwave vs Notepad (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75&highlight=lightwave+vs+notepad)

pixelmonk
10-14-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by robinson
I knew this Video already, but again ROFL. :D

Somebody should make a video like this about Lightwave.

And edit the video with VT!

mlinde
10-14-2003, 05:51 PM
Hate to bring you down, but this exact video was posted less than two weeks ago in another thread in this same forum, but it was in a format that played properly in both Mac and Windows. This one only plays audio on a Mac. Sure, it's funny. It's funny once, or maybe twice, but to start a thread just to bring it up again suggests that you want a mac user to rant about this. Why?

js33
10-14-2003, 06:23 PM
I agree there is already a thread with this same video posted in the PC forum and all it did was spark an OSX vs. XP flame war which is kind of pointless. Can't we all just get along. :(

Cheers,
JS

robinson
10-14-2003, 06:59 PM
sure js

who cares about any stupid computer as long as they work fast enough.

This video is still funny.
BTW this whole switch to mac commercials where funny too, would be interesting who really switched after this campaign.
I'm working on pc, if Lightwave is coming for Linux, and the benchmarks are alright, I will defiantly switch, I hate all these monopolist.

pixelmonk
10-14-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by mlinde
Hate to bring you down, but this exact video was posted less than two weeks ago in another thread in this same forum, but it was in a format that played properly in both Mac and Windows. This one only plays audio on a Mac. Sure, it's funny. It's funny once, or maybe twice, but to start a thread just to bring it up again suggests that you want a mac user to rant about this. Why?

Actually, it was posted in the VT Yahoo groups earlier this morning. I didn't do a search on the archives on this list, nor should I have to, if I find something entertaining which I didn't see a topic for on the first page of the Community boards. What was your point.. or are you just trying to be an ***? Carry on.

pixelmonk
10-14-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by js33
I agree there is already a thread with this same video posted in the PC forum and all it did was spark an OSX vs. XP flame war which is kind of pointless. Can't we all just get along. :(

Cheers,
JS

This is the Community forum... not the PC forum. I don't have the time nor the inclination to search all of the threads in all of the forums on the internet just to suit someone whining about a single post I made. If it's redundant, then ignore it. If you don't see the humor, ignore it. Carry on.

robinson
10-14-2003, 08:21 PM
BTW

Have you seen the Siegfried and Roy tiger attack footage

http://pix.darwenstheory.net/upload/cj_27226.gif

LOL:D

pixelmonk
10-14-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by robinson
BTW

Have you seen the Siegfried and Roy tiger attack footage

http://pix.darwenstheory.net/upload/cj_27226.gif

LOL:D

hahah! Was that Tony the Tiger or Tigger that pounced on him. It happened too fast for me to tell. Oh the humanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D