PDA

View Full Version : Saving on multiple layers?

Builtdown
10-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Hi,

Letīs say I have a model of 300 separate objects on a single layer. Not connected.
Is there an easy way to change it so all of the objects would be on separate layers (300 layers)?

Thanks!

nickdigital
10-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Try this:
http://forums.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117380&highlight=parts+layers

Builtdown
10-18-2011, 10:56 AM
Thanks, but Iīm not familiar working with lscripts.
Clone to layer helps somewhat.

Are there any Realflow users? I need some help with an imported Realflow animation:
I have made a rigid body simulation animation with Realflow. 256 balls falling in to a bowl. I have imported it to Layout and the animation works well. However the surfacing is hard. Every ball is a separate object and has a separate surface. If I want to change all balls to blue, I need to click every surface open, then hold ctrl and click every surface again, then change attributes. What a job!
Is there a way to select maybe a chunk of objects textures (like holding shift in most programs) and change surface attributes at once?

nickdigital
10-18-2011, 11:25 AM
Thanks, but Iīm not familiar working with lscripts.

Copy the code into a text file and rename the file to an extension of .ls. Then just add it like you would a plug-in.

You could load in all the objects and set your Surface Editor to Scene mode. Then apply your surface to the one entry. I think

xxiii
10-18-2011, 01:10 PM
You can also just run lscripts directly from the utilities tab.

LScript to run a text-based lscript

LScript/RT to run a compiled lscript

LSCompiler to turn a text-based lscript into a compiled lscript.

daforum
10-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Try this:
http://forums.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117380&highlight=parts+layers

That's a great script. Thanks for the link nickdigital :thumbsup:

Builtdown
10-19-2011, 01:08 AM
Thanks guys.

Nickdigital, how do you make this? :
You could load in all the objects and set your Surface Editor to Scene mode. Then apply your surface to the one entry. I think

Builtdown
10-19-2011, 03:28 AM
Whoops, found the scene mode myself. Thanks.