PDA

View Full Version : Hypervoxels 3 need help please

veron
10-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Hi, i would be very grateful if someone could help me out.
I'm trying to animate a cloud like this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkU7ZSvZ9ZY&feature=related

I have my emitter attached to a null but my clouds seem to be exploding upwards in 2 bursts instead of just staying put like the above link.

Many thanks for help. :)

Edit :
I realised it was the 'lifetime frame' that needed changed.

toeknee
10-17-2011, 09:58 AM
You know the funny thing is that this looks like it was done in Lightwave. If you post your scene file I will give it a look and see if I can help.

Sensei
10-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Autor says "The whole animation and rendering was done in Autodesk Softimage, while the clouds and rain where created by using its new ICE application (Interactive Creative Environment) for simulations and procedural effects."

toeknee
10-17-2011, 12:31 PM
I am sure you are write. I think that my point was the the clouds really looked like hypervoxels. You know the rounded bobby things that we have to fight to look the way we want. It seemed like the clouds would be very achievable in Lightwave.

veron
10-17-2011, 03:33 PM
You know the funny thing is that this looks like it was done in Lightwave. If you post your scene file I will give it a look and see if I can help.

Thanks very much.
I've learned so much already just trying to achieve this.
I'm a bit stuck on the bones though, i have a book and it has 2 bones, on the book are objects which are parented to the book (as in layers) and with their individual bones, now those bones are using the bones from the book object so they all stay on the book when moved. But for some reason i can't move the objects on the book to have them flip up cause when i move their bones it doesn't do anything to the object. How do i fix this, if you can help me. :)
My lights also wont stay with the lamp-posts even though i have them parented to the post, but i must need to sort that out by attaching them to the lamp-posts bones?

I'm a bit embarrassed to put these here so please be kind if you can as i'm learning so much.
here is the scene file, but the objects aren't attached would you like me to zip the objects up too?

toeknee
10-17-2011, 04:45 PM
I am in know way a rigging expert but I think the way too solve your rigging problem would be to assign weight maps to the book and then separate weight maps to the pages and then assign the bones to those separate weight maps. I would also thing that IKBoost would be the easiest way to set this up and control it. Because of the ease of the FK IK work flow and the ability to easily fix the base bone of each chain. I will take this home with me tonight and play with it I should have something for you by tomorrow.

veron
10-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Ack thank you so much. :)
It's such a simple thing i attached and it really is just me playing around and testing to be honest.
Though i would love to use it for my work, i work in the community helping kids teaching them film and simple animation.
There are no pages yet just a simple book object, if i was able to animate it then i would have added pages to it properly though i'm a long way off from that.
i just don't know how to even get my objects bones to move with the book even though the objects stay with the book. :stumped:
but thanks for you support any way, much appreciated.

:)