PDA

View Full Version : DV a/v sync issue

slacker
10-14-2003, 07:52 AM
Using VT[3] patch 1, we're recording in from a Sony DSR-1500 via firewire. The audio seems to be progressively lagging behind the video. At the beginning it is reasonably accurate but after about 40 minutes it is lagging behind the video by about two full frames, which is quite painfully obvious.

I've tried syncing it with a known good 16-bit 48khz copy of the same audio that our audio department recorded separately and I can't get it to match the video or audio.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

Paul Lara
10-14-2003, 08:01 AM
Slack,

NewTek is working on this sync issue, affecting only DV streams, and should have a fix posted soon.

pnelson
10-24-2003, 04:14 PM
Check your DV Driver.. Make sure it isn't the Texas Instruments Driver.. If it is, switch to the Generic Microsoft Driver.

I've been having DV Audio sync problems too and this is one of the things that Tech Support Suggested.

They also said the upgrade DirectX to 9.0B

Good Luck

pnelson
10-24-2003, 04:46 PM
Well.... I tried all of the suggestions that Tech gave me and still no luck..

Audio sync is still "not there".

I'm using a Canon GL2.

PIV 2.4ghz
nVidia Card
U160 SCSI w/ 4 10k SCSI drives..

VT3 latest patch...

I guess I'm once again back to Decision Maker for my batch capturing needs.

Later,

edmellnik
10-28-2003, 07:17 PM
Just to throw my three cents in...

I have compared firewire captures with s video and Component and i have found that there is not much difference. Now I did that on T2 and not on T3. In T2 I found that the DV captures were in need of correcting lum levels and even color hue and saturations.
I have not captured on DV with T3. So many have had trouble with it< I just gave up.
The sync problem may be due to the DV format being unlocked audio in contrast with DVCAM being locked audio.
Sony did this so you would have sync problems when coping firewire to firewire to appease Hollywood copyright issues.
These problems do not exist if you just take svideo capture.
ed