PDA

View Full Version : How To Create Chrome Realistic Sphere Orb,Looking for Tutorial or Settings

RegGFX
10-12-2011, 11:07 AM
Ok.. i just googled looking for how to create a realistic 3D Chrome Sphere Orb or Black Pearl Looking Orb.

Unfortunately, i could not find any really nice sample tutorials with clear step by step settings. Especially HDRI type Chrome or Black or White, Marble Pearl like Orbs.

Basically, i'll take a look at anything anybody is willing to share... links, images, settings you're using and etc. I need help quickly.

Anybody have any links or sample settings, or scenes with objects to study and to share? Thanks for your patience, I've been away from Lightwave for the past 2 years doing mostly web design work now i'm trying to get back into Lightwave swing of things..

Thanks... i'm at the mercy of the Forum for help on this one.
RFX

nickdigital
10-12-2011, 11:27 AM
What's wrong with the presets that come with LightWave? In Modeler or Layout, Windows>Presets.

You could also look for something on here:
http://presetcentral.com/

Afalk
10-12-2011, 11:49 AM
If memory serves Geekatplay.com has some material tutorials in addition to their magnificent Vue tutorials, and they ALWAYS walk through the theory as well as practical reasons WHY they approach a task in a given way -- i.e., the information translates quite well.

wrench
10-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Just remember, it's what chrome reflects that makes it look like chrome.

B

c5m7b4
10-12-2011, 06:56 PM
You must go to this site and pay for the two Making Materials Tutorials. They are just 10 each and each is 2 hours long. I have learned so much watching these. The second tutorial will show you exactly what you are looking for but the first one will teach you why the second one works

http://www.cg-masters.com

RegGFX
10-12-2011, 11:17 PM
:thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for the tips... like i said its been a while since i fired up lightwave... and i reloaded my old presets....now it all comes back to me and thank you for sharing all the links...

If you have anymore feel free to share...

by the way check out some of my ol lightwave stuff
on my website