PDA

View Full Version : $25 3d paint app!!! WOW! this may be it!

jin choung
10-14-2003, 12:33 AM
howdy fellows,

this comes to us courtesy of our great friend flay.com....

it's a 3d paint app that costs $25!!! or 25 GBP... not sure what the conversion on that is.

http://www.terabit.nildram.co.uk/tattoo/index.htm

it's not as flashy as deep paint 3d or body paint but it is $500 - $1000 cheaper!

in this day and age, i think that's just WAAAAAAAAAY too much money for such an app. heck, maya comes with a free version that's basic but it's pretty much all i was lookin for anyway.

tattoo it's pretty much what i've been looking for in terms of basic ability to lay paint onto a model and allows me to address basic seaming issues and such.

it doesn't tempt you to ditch photoshop but that actually isn't what i'm looking for anyway! it may be a good go-between solution.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
some things i'm looking for in future releases include:

- projection paint
- all the basic brushes - the only one i really miss is smudge
- a 'stay on top' and reload all textures button in the main interface to be a good companion to photoshop painting.

jin

cresshead
10-14-2003, 09:05 AM
hi

thanks for the link..
just emailed the producer about help files...the help html is in the product dir...for those like me who were looking for keyboard shortcuts etc.

looks a pretty good app to me..at a neat pricepoint.

steve g

badllarma
10-14-2003, 09:34 AM
something like this would be great tagged into LW 8:D

Well I'm going to buy it anyway :D

meshmaster
10-14-2003, 10:03 AM
to Painter 3d, an app that came out a long while ago that I grabbed a copy of. It was made by corel/metacreations.

Jockomo
10-14-2003, 10:29 AM
Anyone try the demo yet? Someone give us a review!

deepinspace
10-14-2003, 05:50 PM
I think it's $1.7 = 1, which is about $40.

hrgiger
10-14-2003, 10:43 PM
I tried the demo. It's not body paint or anything but has basic functionality. I decaled an image on and played with the clone and paint tools some. If only Photoshop would allow you to import a 3D mesh like that. I'll have to play around with tatoo a little more before I decide to buy it.

Castius
10-15-2003, 12:17 AM
I have not tryed tattoo So i can't say how good or bad it is but be sure to give this app a try first. Solid app with alot of nice features modeling uv and basic painting.

http://www21.ocn.ne.jp/~mizno/main_e.html

Cman
10-15-2003, 08:46 PM
Tattoo looks very cool.
Has anyone used it yet?