PDA

View Full Version : Face Robot (Softimage XSI 2012) to Lightwave

taimoor
10-11-2011, 07:04 AM
I've done some lips syncing by using Face Robot and need to import it into Lightwave without using Point Oven.. Any suggestions? Isn't there any format available in Face Robot (softimage 2012) which can allow me to export Face Robot files to Lightwave with its controllers?:help:

Lightwolf
10-11-2011, 08:23 AM
No, since you'd need the complete deformation engine as well.

Maybe not the answer you wanted... but it stops you from searching ;)

Cheers,
Mike

littlewaves
10-18-2011, 07:54 AM
forgive my ignorance if I'm missing something but why can't point oven not be used in this instance? Exporting mdd seems the obvious choice.

toeknee
10-18-2011, 12:47 PM
I think the point Lightwolf is making is that Face robot is more than just moving bones on the surface of a face. it is based on the whole under design of bone and muscles. This system is do many things to recreate what face does. I do wonder if you could just freeze the mesh for every frame and do something that way?

toeknee
10-18-2011, 12:48 PM
You know the way that you use to have to work with realflow.

Lightwolf
10-18-2011, 01:16 PM
I do wonder if you could just freeze the mesh for every frame and do something that way?
Which is almost the same as using MDDs/PointOven though... and that was ruled out in the initial question.

At least according to my assumption.

So, "no" it is... :D

You're certainly right though, it's more than just moving bones about.

Cheers,
Mike

erikals
10-18-2011, 06:17 PM
maybe try http://www.zigncreations.com/zigntrack.html

Surrealist.
11-08-2011, 07:49 PM
I've done some lips syncing by using Face Robot and need to import it into Lightwave without using Point Oven.. Any suggestions? Isn't there any format available in Face Robot (softimage 2012) which can allow me to export Face Robot files to Lightwave with its controllers?:help:

Basically the answer already given is no. But understand the workflow for this kind of thing is usually to do it by exporting mdd files. So you have to decide early on where you want to do your animation and stick with it. Changing midstream is not an option.

Here is some info from the Softimage wiki:

http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/xsidocs/import_export_ImportingandExportingWithPointOven.h tm

clagman
11-17-2011, 08:27 AM
The best way is to use point oven to create a Lightwave scene so all the MDDs are placed on the appropriate objects automatically. The only downside is you need to purchase point oven for Lightwave. Otherwise you are stuck loading MDD per object.

Another way to do this is to plot all the motions, collapse the plot mesh object into a single mesh and export the cache from that. Should give you one file and one mesh to deal with (much better). I've tried this from Maya using the Softimage>ncache>Maya>geocache>Lightwave path and it works for sure that way.