PDA

View Full Version : Stretching animation time, how????

feo
10-10-2011, 10:05 AM
Hello,
I made an animation that is about 900 frames. It has rotation, movement and object disolves. Now I need to strech it to be 1800 frames.
Is there an easy way to stretch it and keep all the animation timing proportional?
Help...

probiner
10-10-2011, 10:39 AM
You can Select everything in the Graph editor and stretch all the curves from 0 until they meet 1800

Or

you just 'cheat' your Frame Per Second in Options.To go from 900 frames to 1800 you double the FPS, so if you are using 30 fps, change it to 60 fps.

Cheers

hunter
10-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Or you can use Scene editor. The original not the newer one. And the scale keys option. Much easier than all that mucking about in the graph editor if you're going to scale all items keys in an animation.

feo
10-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Thanks guys!
I'll give this options a try. I am sure one of them will work.

Ryan Roye
10-11-2011, 07:16 AM
There is also a really nifty plugin out there for this called stretch snap keys.

http://www.lwplugindb.com/Plugin.aspx?id=098c288f

I really owe the developer of this plugin a lot of credit for many, MANY saved trips to the scene editor and making otherwise complex manipulations quite simple. You can also apply actions across just the object or all objects.

Greenlaw
10-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Actually you can use the new scene editor for this. (I find it easier with the new one but that's probably a matter of taste.)

You can also use the Time Warp plug-in...or...MDD and retime the MDD in a player...or...you can use Motion Mixer and stretch the whole animation on it's own timeline. Which method you choose probably depends on the type of animation and number of objects. If it's a character, MDD or Motion Mixer is probably easiest.

There's probably more we haven't mentioned yet. :p

G.

sergiox
10-13-2011, 01:44 AM
Nice tips in this thread

There is also a really nifty plugin out there for this called stretch snap keys.
Tested inmediately :D Liked the "all items" and "sub-items" target options. Really handy.

Thanks chazriker :thumbsup:

Cheers