PDA

View Full Version : Exporting Video Clips

jarnone81
10-10-2011, 06:18 AM
I'm looking for a quick way to export video clips from the TriCaster 300 so I can upload them to sites like schooltube/youtube.

Our TriCaster is used in in a high school news studio. We "record live" our daily show. As such, sometimes there are a few takes before we get it right. We delete the clips from the DDR tray that we do not need, and air the good one.

Some time ago I went to manage the video files and found that all of the deleted clips were still on the hard drive. I can deal with that, but imagine it is really going to fill up the TriCaster in short time.

Additionally, with all of the clips there, it is hard to find the right one to upload. So, is there any suggestion for a quick way to export media from the DDR for upload to a website?

Thanks!

SBowie
10-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Additionally, with all of the clips there, it is hard to find the right one to upload. So, is there any suggestion for a quick way to export media from the DDR for upload to a website?The DDR playlist is just that - a playlist, not a file window. So removing clips form the playlist doesn't affect the files on the hard drive. I think I'll let others add suggestions regarding their preferred export methods ... might learn something. :)

jarnone81
10-11-2011, 07:01 AM
I understand that it's just a playlist now - I guess I didn't find it too intuitive at first.

I hope there's an easy way to export clips, and a good way to manage and delete all of the "garbage" clips that are now stored on the hard drive. :(

SBowie
10-11-2011, 07:12 AM
I hope there's an easy way to export clips, and a good way to manage and delete all of the "garbage" clips that are now stored on the hard drive. :(Well, the short answer as to how to 'manage' clips in a session is to use the tools in the "Manage" section of the Startup>Session page.