PDA

View Full Version : Multi Objects Selection with Proxypick

MUCUS
10-10-2011, 04:49 AM
Hello there!

I'm rigging a character and need to be able to select all hand's bones in one clic. I know that proxypick could drive to another item, but how could we do to select multi item with it? Or maybe is there another solutions I don't know? Or maybe is there a way to select through an object a scene editor set?

Christophe

Danner
10-10-2011, 09:49 AM
I don't know if you've thought of this... but You could use the schematic view and place those bones in a way you can quickly select them with a bounding box (use middle mouse button)

The Scene editor also has selection sets if that is of any help.

MUCUS
10-10-2011, 10:09 AM
Thank you Danner,

Indeed I would personally use this method (scene editor selection set and/or bounding box around concerned bones in schematic view).

Thing is that I'm doing this for someone who is not familiar with Lightwave so I would like to give him some "ready to use" rig where he can animate directly in perspective view without having to open extra windows.

What I would like is an item shaped null named "hand" or whatever which drive directly to the concerning bones.

I've also tried channel follower, which could work, but as it's not interactive, it's not very "friendly" to use.

Anyway I've already send the scene with selection set in scene editor, hoping that he will accept this!

Christophe

MUCUS
10-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Finally I put a follower on each bones, linking to a null rotation and make a proxy pick item which drive to this null...a bit twisted but it's working!

Danner
10-12-2011, 08:23 AM
I've done something similar, I dunno why I didn't suggest it. Anyway I'm glad you got it working.

MUCUS
10-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Thank you :) But even that move still have an inconvenient as the bone cannot be rotate on the axis that is driven by follower...could be nice if standard rotation wasn't deactivated!

evenflcw
10-12-2011, 11:20 AM
So set up an expression or any motion modification that has the addative option. I think even DP Node Item Motion does.