PDA

View Full Version : and LiveSet Creation SDK???

sangkavr
10-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Hi guys, some time ago a friend said to me to try that software (he was a developer) using one of my 3d image (I use another 3d modeling sotware).
Is that sw disappeared or its name has changed????

John Perkins
10-21-2011, 02:39 PM
We've actually stopped using it internally as VSE has matured.

Basically we render in LW (you could use anything to create the images), do the overall assembly in Photoshop, adjust in VSE and make a few manual tweaks to the xml if needed. As time goes by there may not be a need to touch the xml at all.

As far as I am aware, the old SDK isn't something we are keeping up to date at this point since even our content guys would rather use VSE than do it all by hand.

Eric Pratt
10-22-2011, 08:27 AM
The VSE is definitely going to be easier to work with but I still use the command line compiler almost exclusively.
For one thing I don't compile my sets on a Tricaster, so the command line makes it so I don't have to move huge volumes of data over to do the assembly. The other is just the sheer volume of sets and angles. If I had to do each angle of each set in the VSE it would take a month to do it once, and I usually do several compiles on each set.
But for someone making 2 or 3 angles of one set, the VSE is a godsend.

stoecklem
11-09-2011, 05:43 PM
I can understand why using the virtual set editor would be preferable to the SDK and look forward to future improvements (hopefully multiple imported photoshop files in one session soon)

But the XD-850 is in the studio at the other side of the building in addition to being in use most of the time. I am working on being able to access the interface from my desk when I can. But a standalone virtual set editor would be very useful.

Eric Pratt
11-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Agreed, an unlocked/dongled version would be a major improvement.