PDA

View Full Version : V9.6 doesn't have the "Create Part" option

smalltime3d
10-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Hello,

We're going through a tutorial in Essential LightWave v9 by Steve Warner.

He is using v9.0, we're using v9.6. In his video demonstration he selects a feature under the View menu called "Create Part". We do not have that option under View.

Is this a plug-in which we are missing? Our version is newer than his so it would seem we should otherwise have this feature.

Thanks in advance.

smalltime3d
10-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Ok, I've been able to determine it's a plug-in, however it is available only in .LSC format at the following location: http://www.lwplugindb.com/Plugin.aspx?id=14a02c86

Upon running Modeler's Add Plugin (F11), Modeler added this feature to the "Details" menu instead of the "View" menu. Not a problem by itself, but a curious one.

Is this an issue? Is there a way to move it to the View menu? Does anyone have the source? (The .LS file?)

erikals
10-07-2011, 01:00 PM
LW bugs sometimes, so the UI gets cluttered.
always save the menus / shortcuts to be able to reload them for a later time.

change part name is what you're looking for, paste it in the 'search' window.
add it to where u want.

sorry, but yep, it's likely a bug.
 

smalltime3d
10-09-2011, 06:20 AM
...change part name is what you're looking for, paste it in the 'search' window.
Unfortunately, I have never been able to get the search feature to search for a phrase - it always searches the individual words. "Change" "Part" "Name" would yield a hit in nearly every post on this forum.

I've tried putting phrases in quotes, but it doesn't work. How would you do it?

P.S. I was looking for the "Create Part" script. I'm not sure what "change part name" has do with this.

Sensei
10-09-2011, 08:08 AM
Change Part Name is the real name of Create Part button.. So, don't search here forum, but in Modeler's Edit Menu Layout..

Andy Meyer
10-11-2011, 04:45 AM
as default, "Create Part" is in "Detail" Tab, 5th from bottom