PDA

View Full Version : This one is for you Sbowie Blender Dynamics - Lightwave video tutorial

OnlineRender
10-07-2011, 08:52 AM
Quick Video Tutorial on how to get video Blender Dynamics - lightwave .
*thread may get moved*

Sbowie skip to 5mins 36 sec..

Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rQUsBtjWOY

Direct Download www.cgdemo.net/Blender.mp4

Visit http://www.simon-coombs.com/ for Scene- Parent .
or see attached file.

Please any questions just ask , any suggestion or better ideas please say .

Ta .

50one
10-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Is it just me or there was a similar thread but it disappeared. Honestly? how come it promotes the competing product when it clearly said how to use BL dynamics inside LW?

OnlineRender
10-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Sbowie suggested that the thread should be moved to 1001 ways to use blender with LW , this did cause an issue with material being lost , I also asked for a tutorial section on the boards to be made ....

Different video , corrected the axis error

SBowie
10-07-2011, 09:15 AM
I also asked for a tutorial section on the boards to be made ....Someone else asked the same thing the other day, and I passed the request along for consideration by my betters.

Sbowie suggested that the thread should be moved to 1001 ways to use blender with LW , this did cause an issue with material being lostI'm sorry, what? What material was lost (as opposed to being merely relocated)?

SBowie
10-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Is it just me or there was a similar thread but it disappeared. Honestly? how come it promotes the competing product when it clearly said how to use BL dynamics inside LW?Who said it did?

OnlineRender
10-07-2011, 09:26 AM
I'm sorry, what? What material was lost (as opposed to being merely relocated)?

fair point , but .... when you click on the moved link "which will slowly fade away into the spiralling downwards of threads it directs you onto page one of the thread rather than the content provided , I would consider this lost!

forgot the relevance that I sat down and put "some" effort in , but focus on the other users .... we need a tut section ...

jasonwestmas
10-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Sbowie suggested that the thread should be moved to 1001 ways to use blender with LW

Then we need Messiah> LW , Houdini> LW, Modo> LW, ZBrush> LW, 3DCoat> LW threads too then. =)

I know some people would have a cow but I certainly wouldn't in this modern age of multi-app pipelines.

Oh and LW> Unity and UDK.

SBowie
10-07-2011, 09:32 AM
fair point , but .... when you click on the moved link "which will slowly fade away into the spiralling downwards of threads it directs you onto page one of the thread rather than the content provided , I would consider this lost!On the other hand, when that one-stop Blender/LW thread was created, it was in response to an outcry which in part proclaimed that it was convenient to have all such related materials in one location, not strewn about will nilly - making it easy to locate later. I bowed to that request, not least because it seems to make a certain amount of sense, but also because it was what members wanted.

That in mind, then, unless I see evidence of a big change of heart on the matter, this thread too will be 'lost' in a day or two - if you call being easy to find 'lost'. (It'll be in the big Blender/LW thread.) :)

.... we need a tut section ...I don't really disagree with that, though personally I lean to it being a website feature, not a forum one ... but it's not my call. I passed the request along, and I know I'm not alone in having done so.

SBowie
10-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Then we need Messiah> LW , Houdini> LW, Modo> LW, ZBrush> LW, 3DCoat> LW threads too then. =)

I know some people would have a cow but I certainly wouldn't in this modern age of multi-app pipelines.We have a third-party forum - within the bounds of the Forum Moderation Policy, go nuts. No cows here.

jasonwestmas
10-07-2011, 09:34 AM
We have a third-party forum - within the bounds of the Forum Moderation Policy, go nuts. No cows here.

Gotta make it a sticky then ;)

SBowie
10-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Done ... not to say that if there get to be too many (or they just suck), I won't revisit the decision. :p

http://forums.newtek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

jasonwestmas
10-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Awesome! That's a start.

OnlineRender
10-07-2011, 09:43 AM
+1 for Tut Section .......

SBowie
10-07-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm not sure, but it might be cheating to +1 your own suggestion. ;)

OnlineRender
10-07-2011, 09:52 AM
I'm not sure, but it might be cheating to +1 your own suggestion. ;)

got to start somewhere ! +2

jasonwestmas
10-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Tut section, that's interesting. I sent you a PM Steve. Thanks.

SBowie
10-07-2011, 10:18 AM
I sent you a PM Steve.It being Friday afternoon, I hastily looked all over the net in hopes there was a website for a brand of beer named "PM". Imagine my chagrin when I got your Private Message. :beerchug:

jasonwestmas
10-07-2011, 10:23 AM
no, not PBR Steve lol. I just know there is so much great information online here but it's buried in the forums and the search engine doesn't always work out.

OnlineRender
10-07-2011, 12:13 PM
was this helpful in anyway "video" or am I wasting my time? .. was going to show how to go from blender - lw camera matching

50one
10-07-2011, 12:44 PM
...And please get rid of the closed section and update the gallery - make one instead of LW Gallery finished / 9.6 etc it's just seems irrational. done, all my requests for today:D

SBowie
10-07-2011, 12:55 PM
...And please get rid of the closed sectionDo you not feel that some might find that archival material useful? I just collapse the groups I'm not interested in keeping an eye one, knowing I can access them if I like. Can you explain why that doesn't seem a reasonable approach in your view?

OnlineRender
10-07-2011, 01:14 PM
you cant collapse LW contest gallery the Lightwave community one is wrapped in them all .

jasonwestmas
10-07-2011, 02:04 PM
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=122848

Bill1955
10-09-2011, 03:13 AM
Why am I reminded of the 'Soup Nazi'.

SBowie
10-09-2011, 04:25 AM
you cant collapse LW contest gallery the Lightwave community one is wrapped in them all .Fair point. I'll discuss this with my betters.

OnlineRender
10-12-2011, 05:46 PM
SOMEBODY please do this ............

<link href="/URL GOES HERE /favicon.ico" rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" />
VB icon starting to do my nuts in.

as for the tut " POINTLESS " ????

or would you like a tut on bringing camera motion data into LW " FREE " and match moving !